cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Cisco Expressway

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

This session will provide an opportunity to learn and ask questions Cisco Expressway and features such as Mobile Remote Access (MRA), DVO-R, Cisco Jabber Guest and B2B.

Ask questions from Monday, April 4 to April 15, 2016

Featured Experts

Aditya Gupta comes from Backbone TAC UC Team background where he worked on troubleshooting on the UC products. Currently working with Cloud and Managed services and handling the key accounts for Cisco in Unified collaboration and Telepresence domain and He holds Cisco Certification  CCIE (#44733) in collaboration.

Aashish Dua is Network Consulting Engineer with Cisco Advanced Services and works in Cloud Collaboration( HCS) domain, prior to this, he worked as technical lead for CUCM team for TAC Backbone Centre in Bangalore and successfully catered to Complex troubleshooting scenarios and customer escalations in unified communications.
He holds special interest in Unified Collaboration domain and Virtualisation, he is a CCIE collaboration and a technology enthusiast.

Find other  https://supportforums.cisco.com/expert-corner/events.

** Ratings Encourage Participation! **
Please be sure to rate the Answers to Questions

I hope you and your love ones are safe and healthy
Monica Lluis
Community Manager Lead
55 Replies 55

Hi

This is not the right forum for this question. Please post your query on the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Aditya 

mbelfortas
Level 1
Level 1

hi

we have now:

01 call manager 7.0 (pub, sub)

01 unity message

01 federater sitwh 4500

sw 3750

01 controler 4400 wifi managing 1100ap 1242ap and 1300ap

7945,7920, 7962 7948

all of this in one site1, in other site connected with site1 by fiber contens onlys sw and some phone ip 7945

we have to move all this one (only switches) to other, and make new infrastructure.

now we need to renovate, migrate to BE 6000M  Svr (M4), Export sw Restricted , or BE7000

wich structure or design we need

from switchs to end point

can you send me this design for two sites

thanks

Hi

This is not the right forum for this question. Please post your query on the appropriate forum.

Thanks

Aditya 

Hello,

We are deploying Expressway C & E (Single Instance deployment i.e. one Expressway -C and One Expressway-E) for MRA. In our setup, we have deployed Expressway-E with Single Network Interface with Private IP which has NATed with a Public IP.

Do we need to Create 'A' record with Expressway-E Public IP in our Internal DNS ?

We appreciate your advice in advance.

Thanks,

Nirmal

turnerdave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I currently have an issue with jabber users that use built in bridge for recording. When users are in MRA mode and make a call, the cucm sends another invite to the jabber user to setup the recording, however this doesn't work and when the user declines the call the popup freezes. Is this a supported feature, if not how can we stop recording without turning off the bridge.

thanks

Dave

Hello,

BIB based recording is not supported with MRA.

Please check the enhancement filed

"https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut26355"

Thanks,

Aashish

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have a question:  does Cisco Expressway support Cisco IP communicator ?   I have a few remote users running soft phone via VPN.   They would like to run it without VPN.    Thanks.

Master001

Hello Master,

No, Cisco Expressway does not support the CIPC as remote client for MRA login, for complete list of supported clients / endpoints please refer below,

MRA deployment

Hope this answers.

Thanks,

Aashish Dua

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Aditya/Ashish,

I have setup Cisco Expressway for MRA and B2B calls using SIP URI and everything is working fine. Also, I have my TelePresence Endpoints and Jabber registered to CUCM. Now the customer is looking for IP Dialing from CUCM registered TelePresence endpoints to 3rd party video endpoints which are not part of CUCM environment. Some of the third party video endpoints are on the internal network and some are on public network. Can you please point me to the configuration document to setup IP dialing using same Expressway C and Expressway E.

Thanks,

Vaijanath

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello Vaijanath,

if i understand your question correctly, you have a requirement to implement B2B in your corporate, so that you can dial to the endpoints of other business entities.

there is excellemt document and details available for the same, please refer below,

B2B and Cisco Preferred Architecture

Please do reach out for any specific question on implementation, i will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Aashish

kingvoice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aditya/Ashish, 

I have query , i have to physical sites  ( A and B )  A is HQ and BR is Branch .In HQ we put Callmanager Pub and Branch we put SUb and both sites having Expressway C and E  for MRA  . My question is that we would like  the users of HQ will proxy  through HQ Expressway-E and same for

Branch ( Branch Expressway-e ) .Is it posiible ? please note that we have single domain topman.com .

Regards;

KV

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: