Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert: Installing & Configuring Cisco Prime Collaboration 9.0

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

With Aashish Jolly and Abhijit Singh Anand

Aashish Jolly Abhijit Singh Anand

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. Learn from experts Aashish Jolly and Abhijit Singh Anand about  installation best practices for Cisco Prime Collaboration 9.0 covering different deployment models available today. Also configuration best practices that customers and partners should follow in order to get the best out Cisco Prime Collaboration version 9.0 

Aashish Jolly  is a network consulting engineer who is currently serving as the Unified Communications (UC) consultant for the ExxonMobil Global account. Earlier at Cisco, he was part of the Cisco Technical Assistance Center, where he helped customers Cisco partners with installation, configuring, and troubleshooting UC products such as Cisco UC Manager and Manager Express, Cisco Unity solutions, Cisco Unified Border Element, voice gateways and gatekeepers, and more. He has been associated with Cisco UC for more than seven years. He holds a bachelor of technology degree as well as CCIE(Voice) # 18500, CCNP Voice,  CCNA,  VCP 5 and RHCE certifications. 

Abhijit Singh Anand is a network consulting engineer with the Cisco Advanced Services Field Delivery team in New Delhi. His current role involves designing, implementing, and optimizing large-scale collaboration solutions for enterprise and defense customers. He has also been an engineer at Cisco's Technical Assistance Center. Having worked on multiple technologies including wireless and LAN switching, he has been associated with Cisco Unified Computing technologies since 2006. He holds a master’s degree in computer applications and multiple certifications, including CCIE (Voice) #19590, RHCE, CWSP, and CWNP.

This event is a continuation of our Facebook Forum event.

Remember to use the rating system to let Aashish and Abhijit know if you have received an adequate response.  

Aashish and Abhijit might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Collaboration, Voice and Video sub-community   forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through June 28, 2013. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

43 Replies 43

Hey Aashish,

I have got the solution.

As you told, if I set the firewall at cups to debug or if I disable it, cpcm can access cups and it switched to managed state at cpcm. But if the firewall was activated again after 15 minutes, cups is inaccessible again. :-(

Then I tried to set SELinux at cups to permissive (CLI: utils os secure permissive). Nothing changed, there are no rule for udp/161. Ok, rollback and set back to enfore mode.

Then, last try, I set the AccessPrivilege at cups SNMP configuration from ReadWrite to ReadOnly. SNMP service restarts. And now, the port is open!! (Verified at cups with CLI: show network ipprefs all)

snmpdm          udp             161             10000:35/second:all             enabled         -               disabled        private         -           enabled         SNMP

Nice, now its working. :-) I wish you a nice weekend!

Greetings, Chris

Hi Aashish, regarding LDAP, do you mean the password if the account used in the integration to read users accounts from the LDAP or you mean the password of each user ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Ahmed,

The defect is in regard to the user password, however it will apply to Admin user used for integration as well.

Regards,

Aashish

Hi Ahmed,

I was curious to know if you restarted the server after integrating LDAP ?

#############

Step 4 Upon successful connection, click Apply Settings and restart Prime Collaboration Assurance server to login using LDAP.

To restart Prime Collaboration Assurance Server, login as admin user and execute the following commands:

application start cpcm

application stop cpcm

The application start cpcm command takes 10 to15 minutes to complete execution and application stop cpcm takes 10 minutes to complete execution.

##########

Reference - Configuring an LDAP Server

Regards,

Aashish

Hi Aashish,

Sure I have restarted the server multiple times with no success, moreover I'm wondering from the application restart sequence mentioned in the document which is "application start cpcm" first then "application stop cpcm" where it should be stopping the service first then starting it and not the reverse ?? but anyway, if it is a matter of a bug or a restriction which forces the use of passwords without special characters so this integration is definitely useless as most companies has a complicated password rules on their LDAP policies for security reasons, isn't it ?

Maheshwar Tayal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Experts,

We have deployed Cisco Prime Unified Operation Manager 8.7

Unity Primary server is in Data center 1 and we take our concurrent Inbound port utilization from this Unity.

Also we need to take separately from Secondary Unity server which is in 2nd data center

Instead of taking reports from 2 excels and combining manually; is there a automated way to consolidate for both unity servers

Similarly , we need to take for SIP Trunks concurrent utilization report from multiple subsribers and add manually; instead is consolidation possible at cluster level

We have 6 subscribers ; If we go to Performance Menu of a Subscriber, we can see SIP Trunk concurrent utilization of that subscriber; is it possible to see consolidated view of all subscribers SIP trunk utilization

Hi Maheshwar,

CUOM is not a reporting tool and hence it has limited capabilities, if you login to Diagnostic Portal, at the bottom right there's a porlet for PSTN Trunk Summary where you can get some information

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/unified_operations_manager/8.7/user/guide/usePortal.html#wp1973747

Similarly in Cluster View, you can view the UCM Cluster Route Pattern Summary portlet for more details and see if that provides the information you're looking for

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/unified_operations_manager/8.7/user/guide/usePortal.html#wp1816981

If not, you may want to consider CUSSM which is a primarily a reporting engine and provides both Channel Based & CDR Base Trunk & Route Group Utilization reports with a frequency of Day, Week, Monthly and 3 months. CUSSM however will not provide any reports on Unity Port Utilization.

At the same time, I would strong recommended you wait for Cisco Prime Collaboration version 9.5 which should provide a reporting interface. As such is recommended to migrate to Cisco Prime Collaboration which is a linux based application and is a replacement to CUOM, CUSM & CUPM at the moment, the next release should have a replacement for CUSSM too. For more on Cisco Prime Collaboration, please refer to cisco.com/go/primecollaboration

Regards,

Aashish

Hi Support,

I have some questions about the CPCA 9 which suffers from very weak support and resources:

1. I have SIP trunk between my voice gateway (which physically connected to Ethernet interfaces) so they are not detected as voice interfaces, and the customer needs to monitor voice calls over these SIP trunks and their utilization, so how that can happen ?
  2. Although route groups are configured on the UCM non of them are monitored under the "Top 5 Utilized Trunk/Route Groups" ??
  3. Top 5 WAN traffic locations are not showing any data?
  4. in the service health summary i can't see the status of two CUE although they are discovered and in managed status?
  5. i have configured the maximum capacity for all H323, SIP trunks i have in the cluster but still can't find a way to monitor the current call volume for the calls going through them ?
  6. How can i monitor the calls through FXO ports ?
  7. I configured all required for LDAP integration and when i test the connection it says the connection with LDAP server is successful, then i added users and marked them as LDAP users, and when a user try to login with his LDAP account, the authentication fails ??
  8. I have 5 CUEs 2 on NM and 3 are AIM, the AIM is said to be unsupported after the discovery while they are all version 8 and above which is as per the supported devices should be supported so why is that?

please i need urgent answers.

One more question please, why after fixing an alarm cause the alarm is still appear in the alarm center and also on the topology diagram till I delete it manually ?

Hi Ashish

In ref to response:

1Our enviornement is HCS based; and I have been told CUSSM is not supported; is it correct.

2 As you mentioned; can we replace OM and SM 8.7 with Prime Collaboration which is a linux based ; If yes:

Hope our licenses will be valid

And which version we should go for Prime Collaboration

3 Regarding  Configuring Cluster Trunk Capacity, is it at OM/SM level for Monitoring only or it is going to effect the actual calls capacity at CUCM

4 In service level view, Icon appearing for SRST Gateway, normal router are same : is it correct?

5 We are not getting any Icon for VG224 although monitored: Is it correct

6 And for VG224; we are able to monitor same but unable to get to status of FXS ports level; is there any extra settings required at VG224 level

Thanks

Replys inline to 1 and 2 only.

Jim Whitten,

Product Manager

Maheshwar Tayal wrote:

Hi Ashish

In ref to response:

1Our enviornement is HCS based; and I have been told CUSSM is not supported; is it correct.

JW - This is correct.

2 As you mentioned; can we replace OM and SM 8.7 with Prime Collaboration which is a linux based ; If yes:

JW- No, Primce Collaboration will be available for HCS 10 release in the March 2013 time frame.

Hope our licenses will be valid

And which version we should go for Prime Collaboration

3 Regarding  Configuring Cluster Trunk Capacity, is it at OM/SM level for Monitoring only or it is going to effect the actual calls capacity at CUCM

4 In service level view, Icon appearing for SRST Gateway, normal router are same : is it correct?

5 We are not getting any Icon for VG224 although monitored: Is it correct

6 And for VG224; we are able to monitor same but unable to get to status of FXS ports level; is there any extra settings required at VG224 level

Thanks

Hi Jim,

In case Prime Collaboration with HCS have yet to come, Can we replace OM and SM 8.7 with Prime Central with same licenses. are we going to get some extra features

Also please respond to other queries.

you may upgrade OM / SM software to 9.0 only.  The Prime Central ties OM / SM together, along with other applications and does not replace them.

I do not have the other answers,  We need more technical folks for those,

Jim

Hi Maheshar,

3. Yes, the Trunk Capacity configure in CUSM is for OM/SM only and has no impact on actual call capacity.

4. Is the SRST gateway clubbed grouped under SRST or MGCP ? Could you provide a screen shot of how it looks like ? Also do you see SRST Enabled if you hover the mouse on the router with SRST capability ?

5. If VG224 is SCCP controlled, no icon will be displayed.

6. This is working as designed, VG224 is considered as a single device only. (Discussing more details regarding this query internally, in short term, there's no workaround available at the moment though)

Regards,

Aashish

Hi Ashish

below are the responses:

3. Yes, the Trunk Capacity configure in CUSM is for OM/SM only and has no impact on actual call capacity.

Can you please give a example to test same; we have configured our SIP trunks capacity say 500 sessions; but while monitoring there is no change

4. Is the SRST gateway clubbed grouped under SRST or MGCP ? Could you provide a screen shot of how it looks like ? Also do you see SRST Enabled if you hover the mouse on the router with SRST capability ?

Category : Voice Gateway, SRST enabled Router, MGCP, IPSLA, H323, Router, Routers, SRST

same 3945 gateway appearing under 3 categories/Groups: SRST, MGCP via Subscriber and APPServer via Subscriber: Is it normal

5. If VG224 is SCCP controlled, no icon will be displayed.

So If VG224 is SIP controlled; will it be displaying icon

6. This is working as designed, VG224 is considered as a single device only. (Discussing more details regarding this query internally, in short term, there's no workaround available at the moment though)

Polling is enabled for FXS ports for above; so are we saying we can monitor status of FXS ports from VG224's

7 We can see Top 5 Trunks (TDM only, SIP not coming), is it normal

8  We are unable to get any details under Top 5 Poor Quality locations and under Top 5 Call failure locations; do we need to configure some specific settings