Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS - Cisco Unified Operations Manager

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

with Pari Thiagasundaram

Read the bio

Welcome to the Cisco Networking Professionals Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to discuss configuration and troubleshooting of the Cisco Unified Operations Manager with Cisco expert Pari Thiagasundaram. Pari is a customer support engineer at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (TAC). He currently works in the Network Management team supporting customers on all of the Cisco Network Management Applications. Pari was previously a software engineer at the Data Center Business Unit. He holds a bachelor's degree in electronics and communication engineering and he is a CCIE (#13213) in Routing and Switching.

Remember to use the rating system to let Pari know if you have received an adequate response.

Pari might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Career Certification discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through February 25, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

24 Replies 24

wu.kristi
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUOM 2.2 and on the Service Level View, we see that the Phone count is 0. We have about 2000+ Phones that are registered with the Call Manager. What is really the issue here?

Thanks

Kristi,

CUOM does a snmpwalk on ccmphonetable to check the number of registered phones. Do a snmpwalk on ccmphonetable (.                         1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1) and check if you are seeing the registered phones.

If you do not see any phones, restart the SNMP Service on the call manager.

Hope that helps.

j.miller_32
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Pari

We upgraded the OM from 2.2 to 2.3. After the upgrade, we could not open the application.

Can you help us with this?

Thanks -

cscStage J Millers personalized signature

Open the Install logs from the C: folder for OM 2.2.

Note down the BUILD_ID that you see there. If it is  "BUILD ID NT_CUOM2_2_CS32_20090715_1306", then the only option is to uninstall OM completely and then reinstall it.

This is bug "CSCtd72592".

Any upgrade from this build would cause more issues.

Please make sure you take a backup of the license file and then do a fresh install of OM 2.3.

javier-rosas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have a CUOM version 2.3 with Service Monitor and I am sending the CDRs and CMRs from CUCM version 6.1 to the CUOM server. I have configured the billing server in CUCM and I am seeing the CDRs and CMRs in the CUOM server. I left this configuration during more than a month but I can´t see CVTQ reports in the server and the status is "discarding data". What can I do to solve this problem and see CVTQ reports??

Thank you

Javier

Can you check if your CUCM and CUOM are synched to the same NTP Server ?  If the time difference is huge, then we discard the data and not process them.

ankushgoel_1986
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Pari

We have call manager running in China and US , when i am calling to China from US i am getting MOS value of 4.5 in China IP phone while MOS value of 2 in US IP phone, what could be the reason for this as voice quality is good on china side but not good at US side.Calls are travelling through our WAN network over Inter cluster trunks.

Ankush

Hi Pari,

I have CUOM 2.3 and CUSM 2.3 and I have 6 CUCM clusters in the environment.  There seems to be a disconnect somehow between the CUOM/CUSM in receiving CDR data.  I will do a CDR search on a particular phone number and there will be some missing CDRs when I compare what CUSM gives as opposed to what is showing up in CDR Search in CUCM.  Can you explain why this may be happening?  If this is an NTP issue where in CUOM or CUSM do you check the NTP server?

Thank you.

Connie

Hi Connie,

This seems to be a NTP issue. Did you get a chance to check under the control Panel > Date and Time > Internet Time tab.

Hi Pari,

how to change the Time zone on application CUOM & CUSM  from AST to this format GMT+03:00 (Kuwait,Riyadh)

As we are installed Cisco IPT monitoring applications i.e . CUOM & CUSM .On MS-Windows Server 2003 .

from command line we configured the ntp server list, as ntp server is available in network .

On server time zone is displaying correct time GMT+03:00 (Kuwait,Riyadh) But on these application CUOM & CUSM Getting the wrong time zone

Example :

First Discovered Mon 07-Feb-2011 14:23:29 AST ( It Should not be AST )
Last Discovered Sun 20-Feb-2011 02:02:53 AST  ( It Should not be AST)  (it should be like this GMT+03:00)
List Report  as of Sun Feb 20 09:16:58 AST 2011

Actual time zone must be  GMT+03:00 (Kuwait,Riyadh)

On server date and time properties > Internet Time Tab > time.windows.com

So please advice how to change the Time zone on these application CUOM & CUSM  from AST to this format GMT+03:00 (Kuwait,Riyadh)

Thanks & regards

Syed .

Waiting for your response !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Syed,

Usually system time change on the OM Servers are not recommended after it is installed. The system time should be taken by default. If that doesnt seem to be happening, you might want to try restarting the services.

The only other option left is to set the system time and then to re-install the application.

Hi Pari,

Thanks for your feedback, I would like to discuess  on CUSM ,Cisco Sensor 1040 report  , MOS = Unavailable .

We have been installed 5 cisco sensor 1040 on different location ie. Head office and branch office.

From Csico unified Service Monitor > Sensor Report : MOS value dispaly : Unavailable once i click on this link its getting an error:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /qovr/stream_correlation.do on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

we couldn't find complete report on cisco sensor 1040  .According to the sensor report

Name , Id of sensor OK , But Speaker DN , Device Type not available its blank & on listener side DN, Device Type available ex; 1234 , 7911

And its also be vice Versa , its getting the information on speaker side but at listener side its blank no information ,

Primary Degradation Cause
N/A , Packet loss                         And Code :G711Ulaw 64k, G722 64k

So please advice find the MOS Value on Sensor report .

Thanks & regards

Syed

Hi Syed,

If this is https and if it works on http, then you might be running into CSCth45675.

For the DN name being blank, can you find out if those calls are to a Voice mail ?

Thanks

Pari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: