cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASK THE EXPERTS - Unity and Unity Connection with Tim Tesluk

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn how to integrate and troubleshoot Unity and Unity Connection with Cisco expert Tim Tesluk. Tim is a customer support engineer in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center. He has worked on the Unity and Unity Connection support team in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina since 2007. Tim holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. He is also a Cisco Certified Networking Professional (CCNP).

Remember to use the rating system to let Tim know if you have received an adequate response.

Tim might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Other Collaboration, Voice and Video discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through March 25, 2011. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

37 Replies 37

I haven't tested this myself yet but based on my understanding the archiving feature in Exchange would be treated the same as message deletion. I'd refer to the How Synchronization Works With Outlook Folders and Where Deleted Messages Go sections of the Configuring Cisco Unity Connection 8.5 and Later and Microsoft Exchange for Unified Messaging chapter of the Unified Messaging Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.5 and Later. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumg020.html#wp1244813

With regards to archiving messages, you should also take into consideration the recommendations in the          Design Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x. It has a section labeled Coordinating Mailbox-Size Quotas and Message Aging Settings in Connection and Exchange. I think it can address some of your concerns as well. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg032.html#wp1119391

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Tim

I was thinking the same as you.  I can have a pilot up and running, and see if I can test this out and report back.  Thanks for the info and links!

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently built a new CUCME 8.5 with CUE 8.0, I am getting the following message from the voice on the CUE when users contact the CUE to retrieve their voicemails - "This location is operating with limited network connectivity, messages sent at this time may not be delivered to all addressed users"

Please help me understand what this message means and how to fix whatever problem it refers to.

Steve Wilson

Hi Steven,

Sorry to say, but Unity Express is outside my realm of expertise. That product is handled by a different team than my own due to how different it is from our other voicemail products, Unity and Unity Connection. I tried looking around for you though, but I didn't find any record of that error message prompt.

Sorry,

Tim

scott.jensen
Level 1
Level 1

Greeting Tim,

We have a case of a disappearing subcriber in Unity, we want to recreate this account but Unity does not see this user's Exchange account.  How must be done to recreate this subcriber?  Thanks

Hi Scott,

The most common fix for this situation is to run the Remove Subscriber Properties utility on the Unity server.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD.html

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/RemoveSubscriberPropertiesFromAD/Help/RemoveSubscriberProperties.htm

In a nutshell, you'll run this utility, then locate the user account in question in your Active Directory hierarchy. Then, you'll select that account, right-click it, and choose "remove subscriber properties." Once that's done, you should soon (depending on your Active Directory replication intervals) be able to locate that user when you try to import it again.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Tim

joe-vieira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Tim

Would like your feedback on this as we need to provide LDAP integration with CUPC voicemail. We currently already have general CUPC LDAP integration but we wonder about integration with Voicemail. Is this possible? Can the Voicemail be stored on exchange server for example instead of CUPC local voicemail store?

Thanks

Hello Tim,

1.Looking  for the option called Alternate Greeting Notices that is available in Unity but for Unity Connection 8.5 as well as have Conenction notify the caller before leaving a message that the Persons Alternate Greeting is on until x date.

Description of feature as outlined in Unity 5.x

Alternate greeting notices are a type of message receipt and work as follows: whenever a subscriber leaves or sends a message to a subscriber who has the alternate greeting enabled, Cisco Unity delivers the message and also sends the sender an alternate greeting notice. Consider enabling alternate greeting notices so that subscribers are alerted when a message recipient has the alternate greeting enabled.

The alternate greeting notice says: "The alternate greeting for is on and will remain on until . The message you sent was delivered, but the recipient may not be available to play it." (Alternatively, Cisco Unity will indicate when the greeting is set to play indefinitely, rather than playing the expiration date.)

As long as subscribers can access receipts, they can play notices by phone or view the text from the Cisco Unity Inbox. Alternate greeting notices do not trigger message waiting indicators (MWIs).

2.Wondering when Message Aging Notification will be implimented via the TUI. (Play a prompt to the subscriber when a message is about to be aged).

3. When you Cluster Connection 8.5 and require Active/Active(HA), does both the Publisher and Subscriber require an HA License?

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: