cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 190 > Device Protocol SIP

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ton of ATA 190's in production on CUCM System version: 10.5.2.12901-1.

These devices constantly become unregistered and have to be reset before they will work again.

I use these for fax machines.

Any idea what causes this?

If you are only connecting one fax machine, does it matter if you use phone 1 or phone 2 port?

6 Replies 6

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

Also want to mention, the ATA 190 Software Version: 1.2.2(003) Hardware Version: 1.1.1

Hi,

Do you have these endpoints over the WAN or local to the CUCM network? I do see lot of software bugs related to unregistration for ATA190. Below are some for your reference:

CSCvp09761

CSCvk29369

CSCut09456
CSCvi29663
Have you tried software version 1.2(2)SR1? 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

We have both WAN & local. I have not tried any other software versions. Is 1.2(2)SR1 newer than 1.2.2(003)?

Also, what is the procedure for upgrading the software?

Yes, 1.2(2)SR1 is newer version. You need to upload firmware files on CUCM TFTP servers and restart the TFTP Service. The ATA’s will download new firmware automatically.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Is there a way to upgrade just one ATA so we can test before rolling it out to all in production?

Yes, you can upgrade it individually. You can follow below procedure which is applicable to ATA’s as well:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213288-upgrade-ip-phone-firmware-individually.html

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: