Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Call Flow (CSS)

Ess Emque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Just playing around a little with Attendant Console in my lab. I've read the docs but just wanted to clarify how the CSS works on calls.

The call comes in from PSTN and uses Gateway CSS to be able to reach Attendant Console route point which sends it to the call queue. Operator answers the call, and can either blind transfer or consult transfer. Which CSS does the call use at this point? If it is a consult transfer, I guess this uses the CSS of the operator line, which would probably be okay if the person at the destination answers and then the operator completes the transfer, but what if:

• The operator does a consult transfer, but completes the transfer before the destination answers the call. This seems to result in the call at the destination phone disconnecting for a few seconds, then ringing again as though the call is cutting off from the operator, then making a new call from the CTI port.

• The operator does a blind transfer. Does this use the CSS configuration of the CTI port or operator line? And if operator needs to be able to transfer to external / international on a blind transfer basis, then the CTI ports need to have this appropriate CSS?

Sorry for the silly questions, just need to be clear in my own head

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The operator's phone CSS will be used on all transfers from the operator. CTI Port CSS would only be used for redirects and delivery of calls to the operator's phone.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me what is meant by redirect? To clarify, if for example, operator has international CSS and CTI port has only internal, CTI port can route calls to operator, operator can transfer out to international number for both blind and consult regardless of CSS on CTI? In my guess I guessed the operator CSS is always used but when testing, I can see sometimes with blind transfer "invalid destination" for calls that work okay on consult transfer, so thought they maybe use a different CSS. Maybe a bug, I guess.

Thanks

I am actually experiencing something similar. We have a large multi-site deployment where we are using site codes, but then each site has its own CSS containing a partition with a translation rule for that particular site, so that the users don't need to dial the site code when dialling within their own site. The problem we are finding with operators is that they if they are dialling a number eg 1000, then it automatically prefixes, eg 1231000, but if they do a double tap (blind transfer), they are getting invalid destination.

Hi Hess. We are facen this issue:
"The operator does a consult transfer, but completes the transfer before the destination answers the call. This seems to result in the call at the destination phone disconnecting for a few seconds, then ringing again as though the call is cutting off from the operator, then making a new call from the CTI port"

Do you found a solution, yet?
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Gaston.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: