cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console Steals Focus from other Windows on Incoming Call

allen.hilton1
Level 1
Level 1

Attendant console software is stealing focus from other applications when a new call arrives.

Attendant Console 11.0.2.2571; is there a way you can toggle the Activate console on new call feature on and off?

I found article referencing "At the bottom of the Attendant Console window, there is a small icon just to the left of the Call Control status indicator area. The icon looks like a desktop window;" but I do not see this in version 11.

Example: Call is received by Cisco Attendant Console, Caller enquirers about a patient. Operator chooses software to look up patient and a second call comes in while she is typing the name. The second call causes Attendant Console software to steal focus and operator is no longer typing into search field and has to refocus window.

4 Replies 4

mtoothaker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm concerned the prior message on this topic was two years ago, and there's not been a response. I too have this issue, and the customer assures me this is not what they want.

This is for version 11.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/11_0_1/user_guide/eng/CUACA1101CUG_eng.pdf

Popup Application When
Cisco Unified Attendant Console Advanced provides you the options to pop-up the application
when:
– Queued calls are waiting to be answered
– My local device rings (if this is the device you are logged in with)
– Minimize when not in use
If either or both of the first two options are checked, the application will pop-up on your desktop if
it is minimized. The third option will minimize the application when there are no calls active or
queuing.

The customer has Attendant Console Standard, which doesn't seem to have the same options as Advanced.

I have opened a TAC case, and I'll report back the findings into this thread.

The word from Cisco: the product (Attendant Console Standard) is working as designed. The idea is quickly to make the operator aware of a new incoming call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: