Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Console transfers showing CTI port DN

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

We have recently installed an Attendant Console 9 server which is all working fine. However, when a call comes in to the Console and operator transfers it off to an internal extensions, users are reporting that they see the CTI port DN on their phone when it rings, then when they pick up and the call is connected, it then shows the original calling number?

Is this by design? Is there a way I can have the original calling number displayed to the users phone when the call gets transferred?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, this is by design. The CUxAC server remains in the call path until it connects in case it needs to pull it back. You can change the behavior to a direct transfer using a registry setting on the client computer (not the server).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, this is by design. The CUxAC server remains in the call path until it connects in case it needs to pull it back. You can change the behavior to a direct transfer using a registry setting on the client computer (not the server).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan. I had a look for the key on that link, but couldn't find it.

I can browse to HKLM>Software>Arc Solutions>Call Connect>Operator>Defaults> but there is no "Direct Transfers" entry in the list. Should I create a new key? If so, what is the correct format?

AC is CUEAC 9.0.1

Thanks

Sean

Yeah you have to create it; Reg_SZ if memory serves.

Thanks Jonathan,

Have looked on the user guide for v9 - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUACBE_V901_User_G.pdf (p.50)

It seems the same can be achieved from Preferences > Options > Advanced and setting it to "No calls"

Regards

Sean

Sean,

That is correct, the preference was added in V9 to make things easier.

Hi Jonathan,

We have CUxAC v9 installed at our offices. I have tried to make the registery change as suggested but each time we close and open the AC software the registry key  for Direct Transfer goes back to default ( off ) and idea on how i can get it to not do this as our users need the number to be displayed urgently...thanks very much

Andre

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: