cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Attendant Dept Console and directory issues

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am trying to figure out if department console 8.6 has a limitation to the contacts associated with a team. For example, I have two teams Customer Service and Operations that I would like to see the same LDAP users in the attendant console operators area. However when I assign a wildcard to the directory for both teams in the filter I can only see the contacts on one of the teams. ExampIe, team Customer Service operator logs in and can see all contacts and team operations operator logs in and has a empty directory in the console. I can apply the wildcard to one team at a time and it shows up for that 1 team I have chosen the wildcard on but if both have wildcards one team loses their contacts.. I know this is a department console but I have two operators that will cover the department (which is actually our company of ~70 employees) and they need to have different overflow numbers. I can accomplish this using the queue overflow number for each team but then I run into the issue above. I dont understand why it would limit the ldap contacts to one team only unless I am missing some setting somewhere.

Second part is I have noticed when Department Console client and Presence client is installed on the same WIN XP machine it causes the attendant console not to show cisco presence status for the LDAP contacts and also locks the console client up when logging out of dept console. I do not have presence logged in at the same time console client is running either. The only resolution to this is to uninstall presence on the attendant console machine. I do understand that you would not run both but I at least would like to have both on the same machine for testing. This works fine in windows 7 and yes I guess I should upgrade . Sorry for the two part question. The presence client is 8.5 and department console client is 8.6.

1 Reply 1

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

Ok just an update on this. I have even tried to assign an actual department to the users and make sure this was not a bug with the wildcard filter. I assigned 2 users to department "test1" and 2 different users "test2" department. I then had a filter of "test?" for both teams in department console. The outcome was that the top listed team grabbed all 4 users and the second team had no users. I dont understand why they would limit contacts to one team only. Would different departments not want to see the presence status and do transfers to a common manager to both departments for example?