cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

audio text manager odbc drriver failure for Unity Connection

jeff.singh
Level 1
Level 1

hello i'm trying to install audio text manager to upload wav files to call handlers. I have tried this tool on windows 7, windows 2008 server and also windows 10 and keep getting the same error - see attached.

i never had issues with odbc drivers when i used it for other tools - COBRAS for example.

the odbc zip file i'm downloading from ciscounitytools web site.

15 Replies 15

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Most probably the issue is that port 20532 is being blocked towards the Unity by a Firewall in your organization. Can you verify it?
Because I had to open this port in my Firewall once ago for it to work (obviously).

Slavik, thanks for your suggestion, very valid and useful. However in my enviornment theres no firewall between the workstation and the unity server. I did however allow the audiotxt manager through the windows firewall of the workstation but that also made no difference.

ATM is using the same driver interface as all other tool (in fact it's available via NuGet as a development add on tool) - so if you're saying User Data Dump or COBRAS can connect but ATM cannot from the same Windows box to the same Connection server, I'm not at all sure how that would be possible.

what version of the Informix driver to you have installed on your Windows box?  

I'm using the 4.10 on your ciscounitytools site - unzipping and run as administrator.

the workstations i used for cobras are no longer available - but i never had issues with this driver when i was using those tools.

I'm betting if you install UDD or COBRAS or any other tool using ODBC you're going to have the same issue - you should verify that.  The odds of this being application specific are near zero given how Informix has you interface with their driver. 

It's almost always a firewall or anti virus package involved in these types of things - 

yes Jeff, I installed Cobras export tool and i had the same failure . Its not the audiotxt manager tool its the odbc driver install. The download from your site has always worked in the past.

The windows 2008 server worked upto a point but that gave me a different failure when loading the audio file (i've discussed that with you on other posts). Failure attached.

the same driver download has been up there pushing a year now - little more than 7,000 downloads - it's used all over the world on every setup imaginable and to my knowledge there's been no issues.  If I were a betting man there's something you're missing in your enviornment that's tripping it up.  Seems the more likely scenario than a stable and well used Informix binary suddenly breaking for unknown reasons.

Not sure what thread you're talking about with WAV file uploads but all open issues (all enviromental issues or audio format issues) that have been opened with TAC are closed.  If you have a thread open on that, pursue it there or open a new thread and get us all the details needed.

Jeff, thanks for your input - I agree and will pursue at this end.

kind regards..Jeff

Can you verify the following?

1. Your 'unitytools' user has the role named: "Remote Administrator". If not, assign it.
  2. Depending on your Unity version, go to: "System Settings -> Advanced -> Connection Administration", if you have a field named "Database Proxy: Service Shutdown Timer (in days)", change the value from 0 (which will be the default) to 999 (for example), and save.
  3. Go to: Cisco Unity Connection Serviceability, then to: Tools -> Service Management.
    Verify that the service called Connection Database Proxy is activated. If not, that the big problem, you must activate it as this service isn't activated by default. If it's already activated, I would try to restart it and see if the issue resolved.

Slavik, yes i can confirm all of those setup steps are configured.

thanks...Jeff

Also tried to restart this service?

I would try to take Wireshark capture on the PC you're trying to connect from, filter by the IP address of the Unity server, and see that when you're trying to connect, that your PC is opening TCP connection successfully with TCP/20532 and trying to communicate and that you're also receiving packets from Unity. Maybe you'll see that you don't even open the TCP connection, maybe from some reason (application issue for example) the Unity isn't listening on that port, which will give us more clues to how investigate the problem.
Also, you're welcome to share with us this Wireshark capture so we can take a look.

Sorry, other then that I don't have any other ideas.

I follow this instruction and it works for me. Thanks for the support.

I follow this instruction and it works for me. Thanks for the support.

my Database proxy service was not activated

I just wanted to add that I was getting the ODBC connection error as well.  I was using my own Unity login which had a role of "System Administrator" but not "Remote Administrator".  Once I added the Remote Administrator role, everything connected fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: