Helpful
Replies

Authenticate a meet me call

Vibha Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team

We have a query regarding Meet-me conference call,

Like initiator has launched meet me call, then users who got to enter conference dial meet me number or any other number which takes them to meet me, but they are authenticated before entering conference. Authenticated by a PIN, which can be a fixed PIN decided prior to meeting and shared only with a group of users.

I know about supervise transfer through cisco unity connection, but there it only asks the name.

Although there is option of sign-in, if conversation option is selected in greetings/message settings under standard system call handler, but it doesnt seem to work for me.

Any input in this regard would be really helpful.

Thanks

Vibha

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

So - the first call hanlder woudl have a Caller Input set on Digit X to send to the second call handler. The other CHs would presumably sent to an error handler (i.e. 'incorrect PIN'). Digit X would then represent a PIN digit. 

The 'second' call handler would have the same thing - pick a digit for the PIN, and send that digit to a third call handler. Send other input to 'error'.

And so on.. until you have entered 4 digits or however many you want. The last digit/call handler would send to the meetme number. 

If you did this on UCCX, it would be much easier, and much slicker. You could have the PINs set statically in the script (easiest for you in the short term) or in external DBs/XML so that end users can set them up (much harder for you  in the short term, but a better solution perhaps).

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Vibha

If you have UCCX, that can be used to create a PIN-protected front end. UCCX is great in it's flexibility, so it could be as clever and manageable as you like if you have the dev skills.

E.g. https://ytd2525.wordpress.com/2013/03/03/meetme-uccx-script/

There are others to be googled...

If you don't have UCCX then you are limited. 

With Unity I suppose you could chain several Call Handlers - e.g. CH1 - Caller Input (2) --> CH2 - Caller Input (5) --CH3 (Redirect to Meet-Me) for example, would take 25 as the PIN and sent to the MeetMe conference. You could chain more Call Handlers to create a longer PIN that 25. It would be clunky though...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron, thanks for your response.

Could you please throw some more light on CH1,CH2, i mean is it we configure transfer rules here as supervise transfer or release to switch.

How are the call handlers configured, or they merely have caller input configured.And on page of caller input if I go to digit 2, what are the settings there.

Although UCCx solution seems more relevant but a bit more tricky. So before I put my hard wok on that, I would like to test unity connection option. I am at a point where therez a DN on cucm with call fwd all to voicemail, and then on unity connection therez a forwarding routing rule frm that DN sending the call to call handler, from here my query begins, how many call handlers and with what all options, and then actual call frm DN going to which call handler. And then how does the call go from one call handler to other call handler.

Really thankful for the expertise that you share.

Best Regards

vibha

Hi

So - the first call hanlder woudl have a Caller Input set on Digit X to send to the second call handler. The other CHs would presumably sent to an error handler (i.e. 'incorrect PIN'). Digit X would then represent a PIN digit. 

The 'second' call handler would have the same thing - pick a digit for the PIN, and send that digit to a third call handler. Send other input to 'error'.

And so on.. until you have entered 4 digits or however many you want. The last digit/call handler would send to the meetme number. 

If you did this on UCCX, it would be much easier, and much slicker. You could have the PINs set statically in the script (easiest for you in the short term) or in external DBs/XML so that end users can set them up (much harder for you  in the short term, but a better solution perhaps).

Aaron

Hi Aaron

Thanks for giving your time on this concern.

I did consecutive 3 CHs with 2 digit pin, as 2 caller inputs to 1st 2 CHs, but as I call frm fwding sttion, it says sorry CH1 is unavailable, leave your message.

I believe transfer rules setting has to be made at 1st 2  CHs, where caller inputs are configured.

Do we need to give some hypothetical extension to CH and in transfer rule of each Ch, transfer the call to next CH extension.

3rd CH can be released to switch for actual meet me number.

But the call is not reaching there. Getting dropped at 1st CH level itself. Also how do we know we have to enter PIN digit, as there is no prompt.

Eagerly waiting for response.

Thanks and regards

Vibha

Hi

I could manage to give caller input during system greeting, sorry ch1 is not available.

Now when I intend to record personal greeting using phone, it gives error message invalid phone number. Attached is the options page of recording

Hi,

you can also try some 3rd party app. There are several Cisco Solution Partners offering the solution you need. For example - http://aurus5.com/phoneup/conference/

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

The upcoming callmanager version 11 will have a small conferencing solution build in.

So finally we don't have to use UCCX or unity express/connection  to fake someting

JH

Vibha Verma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

Is there a way by which we can have multiple digits of pin get generated as caller input in a single call handler.

Because in multiple call handler, in order to take 1 digit caler input per call handler, there is announcement between different digits entered which is just not user acceptable, until we make it more wierd by recording something like, enter 1st digit of your PIN , press digit X, enter 2nd digit of PIN, press digit Y, enter 3 rd digit of PIN, press digit Z.

I mean how can we have multiple caller inputs selectd in a single call handler.

Thanks

Vibha

No, the issue is that you are using Unity for something that it isn't designed for. Really if you need a lot of flexibility UCCX is the way forward, or a 'proper' conference system. 

Re: the announcements, have you set 'Callers Hear: Nothing' on the Greeting for each call handler that you want to be silent?

Aaron

Hi Aaron

Actually I have tested with System Default greeting, my personal grecording, and even nothing, but when nothing is selected, it remains silent, but doesnot wait for caller input and even when caller input is not entered, call goes to conference.

it should go to Conference, only after user enters PIN digits whih are configured as caller inputs on different call handlers.

I know u are right UCCx will master the solution for this, but actually, its a bit tedious to design and by that time at least some solution would be there.

Regards

Vibha

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: