Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto Attendant route caller to User without a voicemail box

patrickscully
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have a Unity Connection 7.1 Call Handler I would like to configre with these 2 requirements:

1. When a menu option is selected (Caller Input) the caller is routed to an extension that does NOT have a voicemail box.

2. When the Standard Greeting finishes playing; the caller is also routed to the same extension that does NOT have a voicemail box

I have the first requirement working using Transfer to Alternate contact Number under the Call Action in the Caller Input. 

How do I configure this Call Handler so that when the Standard Greeting finishes playing; the caller is also routed to the same extension that does NOT have a voicemail box???  I do NOT see the same option (Transfer to Alternate contact Number) under the Call Action.

thank you.

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build a call handler that transfers it to that extension and then under the Greeting of that user set the After Greeting action to send it to that call handler.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Build a call handler that transfers it to that extension and then under the Greeting of that user set the After Greeting action to send it to that call handler.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris!  Building a 2nd (New) Call Handler did the trick.  This is how I configured it.

Under the 1st Call Handler I set a Call Input --> Action to Call Handler --> 2nd (New) Call Handler --> Attempt Transfer.

Also under the 1st Call Handler; I set the Standard Greeting (this Call Handler schedule is ALL HOURS) After Greeting action to Call Handler  --> 2nd (New) Call Handler --> Attempt Transfer.

On the 2nd (New) Call Handler; I set the Standard Transfer Rule to --> Transfer Calls to: Extension -->
Extension Number of this Call Handler --> Transfer Type --> Release to Switch.

Also; on the 2nd (New) Call Handler; I set the Standard Greeting (this Call Handler schedule is also set to ALL HOURS)
--> Callers Hear --> to Nothing.

Lastly; I set The After Greeting to --> User with a mailbox --> Subscriber mailbox --> Go Directly to Greetings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: