Views
Helpful
Replies

automatic call answer

learnsec
Level 1
Level 1

Hy,

I am using Plantronics headset (Bluetooth) with cisco IP-Phone 7945.

The Plantrnics headset is connected, as per manual, to the HANDSET port on the cisco ipphone. the headset port still free.

to enable automatic call answer feature on the cisco ip phone, we have two options or auto answer on speaker phone or auto answer on headset. is there a third option other then disabling auto answer feature? i guess no

my test with the current setup (phone + Plantronics headset connected on the handset port of the cisco ipphone) fails.

connecting plantronics to the headset port and keep the handset of the phone on the handset port, headset do not work, it should be connected to the handset port of the phone.

what shall i do because i have a large number of plantroics used and there is no way to change them.

regards,

thank you in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no CUCM / Phone feature to force the use of the headset over the handset.

I wondered if you were trying to achieve a sort of single sign on, the best way to set the headset button on would be VIA JTAPI, but this is going to take quite some programming.

What you could do as a nasty work around is when the agent logs onto their PC have a script POST an EXECUTE to the phone which would simulate the pressing of the headset button.

There is a real drawback with this idea and that is you can not tell from the web sever of the phone if the headset button is already lit. Unless somebody know a method.

The best idea I can come up with for you is if you wrote a script that did something like:-

Post Key:Headset to the phone

check the status of the line via web page on the phone /CGI/LineInfo check the is not inactive , if it is post Key:Headset

Post Key:Soft2 which should be end call.

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/5_1/english/programming/guide/ip5_1ch5.html

Have a look at the Cisco phone SDK and if you Google +Cisco +phone +execute there are many examples, pick one that suits you.

I would suggest that this kind of script is going to cause problems and the correct method of setting and clearing the headset button (when the agent leaves there desk) is manually.

Craig

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Craig Dyer
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

What model of Plantronics headset are you using?

If you move from the handset port to the headset the pin out is different so the Plantronics base station need setup needs changing, on my CS55 on the headset port the black wheel on the side need to be set to 4

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

i didn't get u,

both ports are G11(on cisco ip phone both Headset port and Handset port, and ports on Plantronics are both G11),

so do you talk about the cable itself that connects the Headset to the phone?

i am using Plantronics CS60 (Wireless office headset)

thank you for your assistance,

regrads,

On the phone the physical plug is the same but the pin out (function of each pin) is not, to prove this try plugging your handset into the head set port and see if you can make a call.

So when you move the Plantronics headset onto the headset port of the phone you need to change the settings wheel.

Have a look at the Pantronics web site:-

http://www.plantronics.com/media/media_resources/interactive/GB_CS60.html

When you have the headset working on the headset port enable the Auto Answer Headset option, one more point to be aware of is Auto Answer headset only works with the headset light on, which is great so when the user leaves their desk all they have to do it hit the button to stop their phone auto answering.

Craig

Hey Craig,

Great tips here +5

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Craig,

thank you for your answer, it is just what i was looking for, also the headset button is a key issue.

one small additional detail, is that when i press the Headset key on the ciso IpPhone to enbale Headset, it do directly open a new call, so each time when the phone user press on headset button, in order to benefit from the auto answer call, a new call is opened and he have to manually press end call.

is there a solution for this?

and is there a solution to automatically light Headset button on the cisco ipphone once a physical headset connection is detected on the headset port of cisco ipphone?

thank you in advance

Hello,

Sorry the answer to both your questions is no, when the headset button is pressed when the phone is not ringing a new call will be started and if the phone is ringing then the call is answered. This is normal behavior and can not be modified.

As for selecting headset 'button' when a headset is connected there is no function to do this automatically. Could you explain why this would help?

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Thanks again,

The automatic selection of Headset "button" once a headset connection is detected on the headset phone port is important (to my case) for two reasons:
1) To diminish the steps an agent should do daily, which become as a default status (HeadsetSelected)
2) Force the usage of automatic call answer.
   as you know if headset isn't selected, the automatic call answer feature configured will not work and will be replaced by manual Handset answer.

that lead me to another question, if you do not mind, is there a way to force the usage of a Headset once is available? or in other words is there a way to disable handset while headset is connected?

There is no CUCM / Phone feature to force the use of the headset over the handset.

I wondered if you were trying to achieve a sort of single sign on, the best way to set the headset button on would be VIA JTAPI, but this is going to take quite some programming.

What you could do as a nasty work around is when the agent logs onto their PC have a script POST an EXECUTE to the phone which would simulate the pressing of the headset button.

There is a real drawback with this idea and that is you can not tell from the web sever of the phone if the headset button is already lit. Unless somebody know a method.

The best idea I can come up with for you is if you wrote a script that did something like:-

Post Key:Headset to the phone

check the status of the line via web page on the phone /CGI/LineInfo check the is not inactive , if it is post Key:Headset

Post Key:Soft2 which should be end call.

Have a look at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/5_1/english/programming/guide/ip5_1ch5.html

Have a look at the Cisco phone SDK and if you Google +Cisco +phone +execute there are many examples, pick one that suits you.

I would suggest that this kind of script is going to cause problems and the correct method of setting and clearing the headset button (when the agent leaves there desk) is manually.

Craig

thanks for your several answers,

regards,

Richard35900
Level 1
Level 1

hi - would we be able to implement AutoAnswer with recording without a physical phone in the enviorment?