Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AvDsad errors when adding users

I have a system that uses 3 Unity 4.04(SR1)VMO servers running on W2K. Each Unity server is paired with an off box exchange 2K server. The system also utilizes a pair of Global Catalog servers to provide AD synchronization.

The problem I am seeing is that whenever I attempt to add a user to either Unity 2 or 3, I receive the error "unrecognized error 0x80004005". At the same time, Event id 1048 is logged in the Event Viewer as an AvDSAD error. The user is added to AD and Exchange and can be successfully imported back to Unity after the error.

I have performed the following:

Tested the connectivity to the domain controller and Global Catalog servers using the DCGC tool and it passed on all servers. Downloaded Permission Wizard 4.03+ and re-ran permission wizard. I re-ran the service configuration tool. Rebooted one Unity server that was having the issue. Successfully tested with DAD tool.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestion? Any ideas are much appreciated!

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please post the complete event from app logs? Is there more than one event when you get 0x80004005 error? Do you have the same UnityDirSvc for unity services on all three unity servers?

There is only one error. It is event id 1048 and is titled as a CiscoUnity DSAD error. I am using the same unitydirsvc account for the avDSAD service on all three servers. Network connectivity does not appear to be an issue and I have ran (and re-ran) the permission wizard as well as the service configuration wizard.

If I can provide further information, please advise. Thank you for your attention on this matter. Below is the text from the error.

EVT_DSAD_CREATE_OBJECT_FAIL

ID: 1048

Source: CiscoUnity_DSAD

Message: The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed to create object.%n%nType: %1%nName: %2%nReason: %3Domain Controller: %4%n%nPossible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account.%n%nEnsure that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to create objects. If the problem persists, enable all the micro traces for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) in the Unity Diagnostic Tool. Report the problem to Cisco TAC and include the diagnostic log.

The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) failed to create object.%n%nType: %1%nName: %2%nReason: %3Domain Controller: %4%n%nPossible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) account.%n%nEnsure that The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to create objects. If the problem persists, enable all the micro traces for The Cisco Unity service that monitors Active Directory (AvDSAD) in the Unity Diagnostic Tool. Report the problem to Cisco TAC and include the diagnostic log.

How did you fix the problem since I have the same situation?.

Open Exchange AD Users & Computers. On the Toolbar, click on View and Select Advanced.

Open the container where the Users are located (the Exchange accounts that Unity can't import).

On each subscriber, click on the Security tab. Then make sure that a checkmark appears next to "Allow Inherited Permissions.....".

Now try to import the Unity subscribers again using Bulk Edit or from "import new subscriber" from WebSA.