cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AXI API enable/disable Jabber code example?

mattfahrner
Level 1
Level 1

I need to temporarily disable a number of Jabber users in bulk (and later enable them). It appears the GUI setting I need to toggle is either:

End User Configuration / Service Settings / Enable User for Unified CM IM and Presence

Or alternatively delete and recreate users under:

User Management / User Settings / Access Control Group -> Standard CCM End Users

Does anyone have an example code they can share of doing one of these (or even can refer to what elements in the AXI API I would need to touch?). The documentation is a bit thin.

Python would be awesome, but beggars can't be choosers!

Many thanks in advance!

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it have to be done that way?  Why not just use Bulk Administration?

BAT > Users > Update Users > Custom File

Disable

USER ID,ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCE
aholloway,f

Enable

aholloway,t

View solution in original post

Great answer as always Anthony (+5)

One thing to add to this, if you also want to turn back on the setting to include meeting information you would need to add one more field to the bulk file.

USER ID ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCEINCLUDE MEETING INFORMATION IN PRESENCE
usernamett

Response Signature

Just FYI, I didn't know either, but I looked it up.  The simplest way to look it up is to go to BAT > Users > Updates Users > Custom File, then click the View Sample File link.  The longer way, is to read through the online documentation.

6 Replies 6

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does it have to be done that way?  Why not just use Bulk Administration?

BAT > Users > Update Users > Custom File

Disable

aholloway,f

Enable

aholloway,t

No it doesn't - that was the other solution, however we were equally clueless at what the flag was for the bulk upload option. 

In the end, ideally we would be able to use API as it would give us more long term options, but this really solves our major issue.

Thank you very much Anthony!!!

Great answer as always Anthony (+5)

One thing to add to this, if you also want to turn back on the setting to include meeting information you would need to add one more field to the bulk file.

USER ID ENABLE USER FOR UNIFIED CM IM AND PRESENCEINCLUDE MEETING INFORMATION IN PRESENCE
usernamett

Response Signature

Thank you both!

Just FYI, I didn't know either, but I looked it up.  The simplest way to look it up is to go to BAT > Users > Updates Users > Custom File, then click the View Sample File link.  The longer way, is to read through the online documentation.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: