Views
Helpful
Replies

AXL Getting the Line 2 details for a device

Paul McGuinness
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to get the Line 2 DN for a specific device. I've looked at the [phonebutton] table, and it shows "Line 2" against a device, but I can't see how this can be joined to other tables to obtain the DN.

I've spent days looking the AXL Data Dictionary Schema, but seem to keep going round in circles.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you post a screen grab of the lines section of the device from CCMAdmin?

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Numbers and devices are linked via the "devicenumplanmap" table.

The numplanindex column tells you what line appearance you're dealing with. Note that this only tells you the line number - NOT the button index.

GTG

No, I'm still struggling.

As an example; If I look at device id '6bcd8b88-84cb-65e3-fab1-97cda111991d'

I have a Phone Button "Line 1" and "Line 2" against the device (The phonetemplate for the device states numofbuttons=2)

select * from phonebutton where fkphonetemplate='986fbe03-3645-9cc1-77e7-a01967853ad7'

If I run this query:-

select * from device LEFT OUTER JOIN devicenumplanmap ON (device.pkid = devicenumplanmap.fkdevice and numplanindex=1) LEFT OUTER JOIN numplan ON numplan.pkid = devicenumplanmap.fknumplan where dnorpattern='181718'

I can see the fkdevice '6bcd8b88-84cb-65e3-fab1-97cda111991d' but if run a very simple query:-

select * from devicenumplanmap where fkdevice='6bcd8b88-84cb-65e3-fab1-97cda111991d'

it only returns one row...

If it makes any difference, it would appear that the 2nd line is referenced via a huntgroup on each occasion.

Can you post a screen grab of the lines section of the device from CCMAdmin?

Thanks,

GTG

Well there you go... Occams razor....

I've been trawling through the SQL data, and never thought to actually check the CUCM interface to see if there actually was a line 2... sigh...

Nothing to see here... please move on LOL