Views
Helpful
Replies

Backup Issues in CUCM v7.1.5 and Unity Connection v8.5

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I recently upgraded to CUCM v.7.1.5. Ever since upgrading, I have been unable to run a successful backup. At least 1-3 portions of the backup fails every night.

At first, TAC said to use a different FTP Software. So I did. No change. Then TAC said that it was the system running the FTP Server. So I changed systems. That also didn't work.

Then TAC said that it was a bug and instructed me to upgrade to v7.1.5.34096-1. So I did. I still get the same failures.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The FTP Software I'm currently using is Core FTP Server.

Also, since upgrading to Unity Connection v8.5 on a new server, I am getting the same symptoms when trying to backup as I am on the Call Manager.

I have a new Virtual Server on our network that is running our fax application (only). What I would like to do is use that server as the FTP Server and run my backups from CUCM and Unity Conn. to there.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have been down this road with TAC before. First see if you can get a successful backup with Titan FTP (there is a trial license). If you can you've hit the same roadblock I have: there is something about the DRS system that is not universally compatible with SFTP products. Titan FTP is the one that the BU actually tests with for QA. Titan is one of only three products that seem to reliably work; the others being OpenSSH and Cygwin (or the GNU/Linux daemon these are based on).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Antonio Taylor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the back up fails on different portions every time it could be a connectivity issue or a problem with the ftp software. Try a manual back up with freeftpd and see if it works

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It mostly points to an issue with the SFTP client.  freeftpd had an issue with backup sizes greater than 2 gig's

I had created a doc sometime back on configuring cygwin, give that a shot and let me know if it helps, kindly add yr email add and i shall that doc with you..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: