Views
Helpful
Replies

Barge and CBarge not working

prakashar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have configured softkeys for barge and cbarge for remote in use and have assigned them to phones. 1002 is appearing as a shared line on 2 different phones. When there is a call for 1002 and I pickup the call on Phone 1, Phone 2 shows a remote in use icon. But I don see the cbarge or barge soft key.

Regards

Prakash

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Prakash,

Here is an excerpt from the config guide

Barge Using Shared Conference-cBarge Softkey

You can use the cBarge softkey only in the remote-in-use call state. No standard softkey template includes the cBarge softkey. To access the cBarge softkey, the administrator adds it to a softkey template and then assigns the softkey template to a device.

When cBarge gets pressed, a barge call gets set up by using the shared conference bridge, if available. The original call gets split and then joined at the conference bridge, which causes a brief media interruption. The call information for all parties gets changed to Barge.

Barge with Shared Conference Bridge (cBarge) Configuration Checklist

Configuration Steps

Step 1

Assign the Standard User or Standard Feature softkey template (you configure cBarge to either template) to each device that accesses Barge by using the shared conference bridge.

Step 2

Set the optional clusterwide service parameter Party Entrance Tone to True (required for tones).

Step 3

In the User Configuration window for each user that is allowed to access the cBarge with shared conference bridge feature, associate the device that has the cBarge softkey template that is assigned to it.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

I tried exactly like you mentioned. I have used a customized softkey template which has cbarge/barge for remote in use state.

I donot get to see the barge or cbarge  soft key at all for remote in use state.

Regards

Prakash

Is privacy turned off on the devices involved? I believe you can only barge on a call that you can see.

Hi Jonathan,

Built in bridge is enabled at device level and privacy is off.

It is pretty strange that I am not getting to see the barge softkey ..am using vCUCM version 7.1.3

-Prakash

Prakash,

Not sure if you have resolved this issue, but I am also using CUCM v7.1.3 and I don't have a cbarge or barge softkey, but my cbarge does work. I have the same settings as you "Built in bridge is enabled at device level and privacy is off" and all I have to do it press the BLF of the shared line I want to cbarge and it works. Do you have the "Single Button Barge" set to "CBarge" at the device level?

--David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: