cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE5000 to BE6000 Migration with PCD

p-blalock
Level 1
Level 1

I'm about to migrate from a BE5000 installation to a BE6000 and am wondering if the Cisco PCD can be used for the migration.  In reading the "Prime Collaboration Deployment Administration Guide 11.5," I came across the following note:

"Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment is not compatible with all license types of VMware vSphere ESXi, because some of these licenses do not enable required VMware APIs.
  Note:

Cisco Business Edition 6000 and Cisco Business Edition 7000 servers are preinstalled with Cisco UC Virtualization Hypervisor. If you plan to use Cisco Prime Collaboration Deployment with application VMs on these servers, you must substitute a higher virtualization software feature level."

So what exactly does this mean?   Is it saying that the hypervisor on the BE6000 needs to be "substituted to a higher virtualization software feature level" to support the UC applications for a successfull PCD migration?  Or is it saying that only the hypervisor supporting the PCD needs to be substituted t a higher virtualization software feature level? I'm assuming that if I deploy the PCD on a compatible hypervisor that is not on the BE6000 (the Cisco spun hypervisor), then I can do a successful migration?  Kind of confusing.  

Thanks for any help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing of that really matters in your scenario, PCD is not compatible with BE 5K.

You can only use COBRAS for CUC, and BAT for CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing of that really matters in your scenario, PCD is not compatible with BE 5K.

You can only use COBRAS for CUC, and BAT for CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime, you saved me some time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: