cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE5k to BE6k Migration tar file fails

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi we are upgrading from a CUCMBE5k to 6k (CUCM 9.1.2)

Our existing server is on an HP MSC server and we purchased the Cisco UCS C220 server. We are following the below guide which outlines creating the server then import/export the tar files from the old server into the new CUCM. Because this is on a new server I'm bring the new one up in parallel then i will cut over.

When I run the import it fails. Attached is the job schedular failier. The log files have some info however, how much do I need to manipulate this info, if I can. Has anyone run into this issue with the TAR files failing?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no migration path for CUCM off of a BE5k. You must build the new CUCM cluster from scratch. If you're patient, you can use BAT Import/Export to carry over most of the data; however, it'll require a lot of massaging in Excel as the columns will be different between the export from your older version and the import on 9.1(2). Note that you can carry CXN mailboxes over using COBRAS but you must be on CXN 7.x or newer.

If you have installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 5000 on an MCS-7828 server, and you decide that you need to migrate to separate Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection environments for increased scalability and capacity, you can reuse that MCS-7828 server to run Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a MCS-7825 cluster. Although you can reuse the server, you must reenter your data on the server manually. You must also obtain another server to run Cisco Unity Connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/install/8_6_1/install/cmins861.html#wp795012

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no migration path for CUCM off of a BE5k. You must build the new CUCM cluster from scratch. If you're patient, you can use BAT Import/Export to carry over most of the data; however, it'll require a lot of massaging in Excel as the columns will be different between the export from your older version and the import on 9.1(2). Note that you can carry CXN mailboxes over using COBRAS but you must be on CXN 7.x or newer.

If you have installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 5000 on an MCS-7828 server, and you decide that you need to migrate to separate Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unity Connection environments for increased scalability and capacity, you can reuse that MCS-7828 server to run Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a MCS-7825 cluster. Although you can reuse the server, you must reenter your data on the server manually. You must also obtain another server to run Cisco Unity Connection.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/install/8_6_1/install/cmins861.html#wp795012

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

How long would the setup and confiiguration for this type of an upgrade take with a small phone tree.and about 120 users?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: