Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE5K V7 to BE6K V10.5 BAT file format

So I have read all the info on this subject here in the forum and I suspect a worse case scenario is I just have to rebuild the system from scratch.   I would like to use BAT as far as possible, but understand that the BAT file format is different between the two versions.   Can you point me to a reference for modifying the Export BAT from the BE5K to the IMPORT on BE6K?  

I am planning to use Unity COBRAS tools for the VM side and as this has a CER server, I am also looking for upgrade options on that!

Additionally, if someone has actually done this upgrade I would welcome relevant commentary!

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, as you run the same release on them, it's as simple as export on MCS, import on UCS, no manipulation needed.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no reference, you would need to configure some simple things on 10.5, export, and then compare the files to adjust as necessary.

The actual procedure we recommend is to upgrade your 5K as high as you can, with 8.0(2a) being the bare minimum and 9.1(2)x the maximum, then you install the SAME release on your UCS and then simply export from BAT and import, without the need to adjust anything.

HTH

java

Jamie if I understand you correctly and I do as you say, I end up with a BE5K on UCS running Version9.1(2).  Am I doing this only to get a compatible BAT file for BE6K 10.5 or is there now a direct upgrade path, like maybe using Prime Collaboration Deployment tool?  

No, you didn't, at any point I ever said that you would get a BAT file compatible with 10.5 from that procedure, read again:

The actual procedure we recommend is to upgrade your 5K as high as you can, with 8.0(2a) being the bare minimum and 9.1(2)x the maximum, then you install the SAME release on your UCS and then simply export from BAT and import, without the need to adjust anything.

And 5K DOES NOT exist in anything besides MCSs, you cannot do that, you simply install the 6K VMs (I assume you know how to do that) and then move the info from the MCS to them, via BAT and COBRAS. You do that so the version on the MCS is the same as the one on UCS, and you don't need to do any formatting to the BAT files.

Once you're on UCS, then you follow the standard upgrade paths for all products. and no PCD is NOT compatible with 5K, the documentation clearly explains that.

HTH

java

OK I get upgrade BE5K on MCS to Verion 9.

In RED you highlight install "same release on ucs", so this means install BE5K Version 9 on UCS, or install Version 9 BE6K,

I am assuming that you mean install the same version of BE6K on UCS because in the very  very next sentence you say 5K does not exist on anything other than MCS.  

So at the end of the day the benefit of this process is that I get a BAT export from 5K Version 9 that is compatible  can be imported to BE6K Version 9 and I do not have to manipulate fields.

That about correct?

Correct, as you run the same release on them, it's as simple as export on MCS, import on UCS, no manipulation needed.

HTH

java

The entire process is outlined in the following document available from CISCO site:

"Migration from Cisco Business Edition 5000 to Cisco Business Edition 6000" 
First Published: May 1, 2013

Peter Buswell (aka DrVoIP)
http:/drvoip.com/blog
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: