cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000M and ESXi root password not working

sdonnelly41
Level 1
Level 1

Just unboxed a new UCS C220 M5SX and I was trying to log into the host and the passwords that are documented do not work. I have tried the following with the root account. Cisco, Cisco123, Cisco1234, Password (lower and upper on the first character) and nothing is working. I am really hoping I do not need to waste my time and reinstall ESXi to get this working. Anyone run into this and found the right password?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Default password has changed to c!SCo123

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ESXI default 

Username root

Password password.

Response Signature

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that is not working, but to confirm I tried "password" and "password." without the quotes with no luck. 

If its for VMware 

The default username is root

and the password password

If its for CIMC

Default  will be  admin and password

If you entered  to the CIMC configuration through console you might have changed the default password.  in that case Use the password you set from CIMC configuration and username admin. 

Response Signature

CIMC is working with the password I set, but the root password of password is not accepted and I can't change that since I am not able to access. I guess I am going to have to reinstall.

Default password has changed to c!SCo123

Response Signature

orlandoguy82
Level 1
Level 1

The Default for a BE7000H has changed from "password" to "c!SCo123". See the installation guide. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE7000/installationguide/12_5/cucm_b_installation-guide-be7k.pdf

Page 14

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: