cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6000S... automatic UPS shutdown of VMWare?

We are in the process of getting a BE6000S installed, though I am not the one actually doing the configuration. I do see scanning through the documentation that as the device owner, we are absolutely not supposed to just yank the plug on this device or we can corrupt the VMWare virtual machines.

But meanwhile I am not seeing how this device is supposed to integrate with a UPS so that it can do a controlled shutdown during a power outage.

So don't EVER yank the cord, but there are no built-in solutions provided to actually do a UPS signalled low-battery safe shutdown during an outage?

I do see a way to deal with this based on my prior experience with VMWare. We use APC UPS with the network management card. I know I can shut down VMWare by installing their VMA appliance virtual machine and installing the APC Powerchute onto VMA, to listen for UPS messages, and command the hypervisor to gracefully stop the guests and turn off the hardware:

Installing the APC Powerchute Network Shutdown software on VMware ESXi hosts (1007036)

Will this procedure safely shut down the BE6000S or is there more to it than this? And is it possible to install the VMA appliance onto the internal hypervisor of the 150-phone BE6000S?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: