Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE6k 11.5 and IP Communicator

I am looking to deploy a simple software based IP phone on Windows for basic phone testing in a pre-deployment (PT, CSS, Xlates, Dial-Plan, etc).  Jabber seems to be a very intense setup and phone support on Android limited.  I want to get IP Communicator running.  I have the basic setup done but it says I need to install the "IP Communicator Administration Tool" on the primary TFTP server (which is a BE6K-M) for dial-plan config ... works besides that so far.  The latest version of IP Communicator (8.6.6) says it supports CUCM 11.5 (which I'm running) but there are absolutely no directions that I can find on how to install it.  

Does anyone know how I upload the IP Communicator Administration Tool (assume Linux ver) to the server, where to put it, and how to install it (run installer)?

4 Replies 4

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Christopher,

See 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgUJSmu9-Mg

Below is the configuration example for CIPC, it is for an older CUCM version but the process remains the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/ip-communicator/50994-ip-communicator.html

Also Check the supported platform for CIPC

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/8_6_6/Release_Notes.html#CIPC_RF_P0E81FDA_00

Platform Requirements

The following table lists PC requirements and the operating systems on which Cisco IP Communicator runs.

Note

• Cisco IP Communicator does not support Windows Vista or Windows 7 Fast User Switching.
  • Cisco IP Communicator is not supported in VMWare, Citrix, Terminal Services, Remote Desktop, or other thin client environments.
  • Cisco IP Communicator is supported only Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as shown in the following table. Cisco IP Communicator supports x86-based processors running a 32-bit OS; 64-bit OSs are supported on Windows 7 (WoW64) and Windows 8. This integration runs as a 32-bit application in 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8. All other supported operating systems are 32-bit only.

Important: Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.4 does not support Microsoft Windows XP. Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.3 is the last version to support Windows XP.
Table 1 Minimum and Recommended Requirements for Cisco IP Communicator

Item

Description

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows 10)

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
  • Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) /20 GB (64-bit)
  • Memory:
    • New device: 2 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 64-bit

• Update: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit

• 200 MB free disk space
  • Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
  • Display: 800 x 600 screen resolution
Note   

Due to changes to Microsoft Internet Explorer on Microsoft Windows 10, if users set Microsoft Internet Explorer as their default browser on Microsoft Windows 10, user must uncheck Enable Protected Mode in Internet Explorer Security settings. If users do not disable Protected Mode, they will not be able to start the Cisco Unified CM Self-Care portal from the Cisco IP Communicator Preferences menu.

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows 8.1)

• Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro or Windows 8.1 Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit)
  • Performance scores of 3 or higher

• Hardware in computers running Microsoft Windows 8.1 and Cisco IP Communicator using video must have a base score of 3 or higher.

• Disk space: 200 MB free disk space
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • A non-ISA full-duplex sound card (integrated or PCI-based) or USB sound device
  • A 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network interface card
  • SVGA video card
  • 800 x 600 x16-bit screen resolution (1024 x 768 x 16-bit or better recommended)

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows 8)

• Microsoft Windows 8 Pro or Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit or 64-bit)

• Hardware in computers running Microsoft Windows 8 and Cisco IP Communicator using video must have a base score of 3 or higher. Run the performance tool by selecting Start > Control Panel and clicking Performance Information and Tools. The Control Panel is also accessible by selecting the search box in the right corner and typing control panel.

• The subscores for Memory (RAM), Graphics, and Gaming Graphics must be 3 or higher.

• Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • A non-ISA full-duplex sound card (integrated or PCI-based) or USB sound device
  • SVGA video card
  • 800 x 600 x16-bit screen resolution (1024 x 768 x 16-bit or better recommended)

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows 7)

• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate 32-bit and 64-bit

• Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1

• Hardware in computers running Microsoft Windows 7 and Cisco IP Communicator using video must have a base score of 3 or higher. Run the performance tool by choosing Start > Control Panel and clicking Performance Information and Tools.

• The subscores for Memory (RAM), Graphics, and Gaming Graphics must be 3 or higher.

• Memory: 2 GB RAM (3 GB RAM recommended for 64-bit OS)

• SVGA video card

Internal Hardware (Microsoft Windows Vista)

• Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition, Enterprise Edition, and Ultimate

• Windows Vista Service Packs 1 (SP1) and 2 (SP2)

• A Microsoft Vista Premium Ready PC. For details about the minimum hardware requirements for Windows Vista (in addition to the requirements in this table), search for Premium Ready PC on the Microsoft website or see this URL: http:/​/​support.microsoft.com/​kb/​919183

• Cisco IP Communicator supports x86-based processors running a 32-bit OS; 64-bit OSs areonlysupported on Windows 7 (WoW64). All other supported operating systems are 32-bit only.

• Hardware in computers running Microsoft Vista and Cisco IP Communicator using Cisco Unified Video Advantage must have a base score of 3 or higher. Run the performance tool by choosing Start > Control Panel and clicking Performance and Rating.

• Memory: 2 GB RAM (see the software row in this table for the supported Vista OSs)

• SVGA video card

Software

• Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional or Enterprise

• Microsoft Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise

• Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate with or without Service Pack 1

• Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, Vista Business Edition, or Enterprise Edition with or without Service Packs 1 or 2

• If running Cisco VPN Client software, version 5.0 or later is required

• If running Cisco AnyConnect, version 3.0 or later is required

USB Headsets and Handsets

Optional. See Supported Audio Devices.

Connectivity

128 kbps or faster network connection is recommended.

• Adding Cisco Unified Video Advantage, connection of 384 kbps or faster is required.

(Rate if it helps)

JB

I finally figured out by looking at the actual file that it was a COP install.  After setting up the FTP and running the COP Install/Upgrade, it appeared to be working (see attached) but dies in the end (error attached).  

I verified that IP Comm 8.6.6 release notes (attached) says it supports 11.5.1 and that is what I am running (attached).

Bug?  Ideas?

Have you tried simply installing CIPC, pointing it to the right TFTP with the device name that you used in CUCM and see if it works??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah I can receive calls on CIPC but since the Admin tool installs some dial plan files, it won't call out correctly.   I might be able to dial numbers and then go off-hook but if I go off-hook it will only take 10 digits.  I think Admin tool also installs something related to service because it is stuck on the services screen.  Bottom line my issue is getting the back end (cucm) side running correctly then I can make the client side happy.

Just frustrated because it is supposed to be supported from what I see.  I guess I will have to open a tac case if there are no other ideas.

Thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: