cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(Be6k, VCS core and Edge) How Jabber client dials to public internet (freeaccount@jabber.com)

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

There is a BE6K in the network, and the CUCM, IM, VCS core and VCS edge is configured. 

• The Unified Communications traversal between VCS Expressway Core and Edge is formed as pic.
  • VCS Control has discovered the IM and CUCM as pic.
  • PC jabber client is registered to IMP in the internal network and download the phone service from the CUCM. 

We can't make a video call to public client( for example,  freeaccount@jabber.com). Please refer to picture named as jabber.

Moreover, do we need to configure any route pattern in cucm, or search rule in VCS? Since the document "Unified Communications Mobile and remote access via Control VCS" dont' mention it.

I am appreciated on your comment or experience sharing.

Best Regards,

Ben Lai

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're confusing things, MRA has nothing to do with dialing to the internet, MRA only enables internal endpoints to register from outside your enterprise network.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Appreciated on your comment. 

Would you providing comment on the PC/Ipad  Jabber client function? I just want to know it can call to public VC client (freeaccount@jabber.com) through the pair of VCS expressway.

Again, I am really appreciated on your comment.

Best Regards,

Ben Lai

Arbenjamin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

We make a video call to public client( for example,  freeaccount@jabber.com) by mapping the destination address as directory number.( Technically speaking, it is SIP trunk between cucm and VCS).

I am studying the jabber of CUCM/IM P support URL dialing or not. Let me update later.( like the attached pic)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: