cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BE7000M4 with VIC and UCS Manager

DonweinerCO
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to install a VIC 1227 in a BE7000M4 and use UCS Manager Direct Mode management? The BE7k doesn't show up in UCS Manager 2.2(3) in this configuration despite following the C240 documentation.

9 Replies 9

Did you remember to reset the CIMC to factory defaults?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we factory defaulted it.

Odd - I imagine if you're at the correct CIMC/BIOS version all you should have to do on the C240M4 would be to enable the FI ports as server ports - power it fully off then back on.

model | CIMC | BIOS | UCS Manager

Cisco UCS C240 M4 Server (requires 2.2.3 or above)

2.0(3d)

2.2(3a)

We're on UCS Manager v2.2(3c), BIOS/CIMC 2.0.8d

Correction - it's a VIC 1225 but don't see where that's a factor.

How is it cabled?  Is your FI configured for server ports, and is it showing link when you power it on?

FI ports are enabled and configured as server ports and show as up. Odd thing is that another C240M4 (ordered as a C240) came right up but the BE7000 (C240-M4S2) will not.

We didn't realize there was a MLOM verison of the VIC vs. PCIe, and C240 docs do state only slot 2 on the riser can be used for a VIC. Sigh

DonweinerCO
Level 1
Level 1

After moving the VIC from slot 3 to slot 2 UCS Manager now sees it and is going through discovery. We may have just been confused in the documentation. Per UCS Manager notes any slot should be supported with the M4, but maybe that's just system board slots. The C240 M4 Installation and Service Guide does say "For riser PID UCSC-PCI-1B-240M4: slot 2 is the only slot that supports a VIC in riser version 1B".

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I just found this post and thought I would provide some information.

Currently, the BE7K cannot be integrated into UCSM as the UCS capability catalog does not have the PID for the BE7K-K9. The application that runs on the BE7K (CUCM) has also not been tested with the VIC adapter installed on the server, so there is no support for this solution at the time of this writing.

HTH,

Wes

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: