Views
Helpful
Replies

Blackberry MVS Installation

afzal.mahomed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like any info regarding the installation of Blackberry MVS client.

I need to know the Cisco portion of the configuration. I have setup the SIP

trunks to point to the MVS Server. I have also done the client setup. The

phone shows unknown and never registers. I can confirm that the WLAN

is connecting to the handheld correctly.

Much appreciated

Afzal

22 Replies 22

Alexander, are you 100% confident on this, as I'm getting info from multiple sources that MVS requires BES enterprise, although I don't trust those sources. Have you actually done it or know someone who did?

Hi Roman,

I'm not 100% for sure. But as I can see my BB getting registered with my UC500. So I would say that basicly you're able to get this config running.

As I'm not aware of using IOS I have the problem that I'm not able to configure my UC via command line and from this point don't have the possibility to verify this.

BTW, does anybody has this configured during the last weeks/month?

Best

Alex

BES Express is not supported

> BES Express is not supported

I reitereate that it is true that as of this posting, RIM does not "support" MVS in conjunction with BES Express,

That said, it does work.  I have successfully tested all MVS 5.0 builds (5.0.1 & MRs and 5.0.2 & MRs) against BES Express 5.0.2 and 5.0.3.  As long as you point the MVS installer at the BESX' SQL Express instance (besxhostname\BLACKBERRY, if left default) it will work exactly like an install against a BES Enterprise.

I wouldn't suggest this in the real world due to the lack of official vendor support, but for a customer demo lab or whatnot, BESX will do what you want it to.

-jd

How did you manage to add CALs via BESx BAS?

Hey, anyone still have a Blackberry MVS Server license? I can't seem to get my hands on one since it was discontinued.  Really wanted to give this a try. 

Adam, contact your RIM rep, there is an Integration Guide for CUCM now.

Hi Colin,

do you have this integration guide available? If so, would be great if you could share it with us.

Basically MVS is supported with BESX. Unfortunately the official support has been retired since the current MVS version. I'm not sure which release it was.

Actually the RIM supports the MVS only with BES but as jdiegmueller stated above it sill work (unsupported).

I would love to see my BB working with the UC500. Does anyone knows other ways to get this done?

Best Regards

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: