Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocking outgoing calls per DN

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all.

I want to block all national/mobile calls from my phone (i.e either from my deskphone or my DN) and only allowed after entering any sort of PIN or password. I am using CUCM 8. I want only my phone (or DN) to be affected, this policy shall not be global.

Is there anyway of doing it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You can do it by creating extra route pattern.

1) Remove current route pattern's partition for National and mobile from CSS of your IP phone.

So your phone will not be able to call those numbers

2) Create new duplicate route pattern with new partition. This partition would be part of your IP phones CSS. Assign FAC/CMC feature on this route pattern.

Regards

Ronak patel

Plese rate helpful posts by clicking stars belwo the answer.  

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

You can do it by creating extra route pattern.

1) Remove current route pattern's partition for National and mobile from CSS of your IP phone.

So your phone will not be able to call those numbers

2) Create new duplicate route pattern with new partition. This partition would be part of your IP phones CSS. Assign FAC/CMC feature on this route pattern.

Regards

Ronak patel

Plese rate helpful posts by clicking stars belwo the answer.  

Hello Ronak,

Could be help me out to understand few things here.

1) Is Route Partition/route pattern partion and Agent partition are different ? If yes then what is the process for creating them. i.e where to create and how to create them .

2) What is FAC and CMC feature , and where to find them.

Pls share the full process.

Hi

Answer to your 1st query :- Yes they are different. To complete call the Route Pattern's Partition should be present in Agents CSS.

2nd :-

Forced Authorization Codes (FAC) and Client Matter Codes (CMC) allow  you to manage call access and accounting. CMC assists with call  accounting and billing for billable clients, while Forced Authorization  Codes regulate the types of calls that certain users can place.

#

Client  matter codes force the user to enter a code to specify that the call  relates to a specific client matter. You can assign client matter codes  to customers, students, or other populations for call accounting and  billing purposes. The Forced Authorization Codes feature forces the user  to enter a valid authorization code before the call completes.

Regards

Ronak patel

Rate helpful posts.

OK Thanks a ton..!!

Could u pl put some more light on you previous reply to JONN on his scenerio.

We also planning to active the same scenerio in our setup.

rgds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: