Helpful
Replies

Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.13900-10.sgn.iso

akoulgr23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

well i am really desperate!

I want to migrate a physical MCS server running 9.1.2-13900-10 to virtual 11.5 latest.

I have to install 9.1.2-13900-10 to a virtual and perform a DRS restore.

I created my order via PUT and i got the media for 11.5.

But i don't have the specific bootable to install the CUCM 9.1.2-13900-10

I have an older bootable 9.1.2 and a non bootable 9.1.2.13900-10 and i tried to upgrade during installation: well there is a known bug and it fails!

I opened a TAC and the engineer is not helping for 5 days now!

He told me that he cannot publish this! He told me to request it via PUT! Well this is not an option and i told him that because of the PUT i opened the TAC.

He told me to tell it to my sales team!

I don't believe that i have to create all this mess with cisco sales team in order to get a .... bootable image.

That is why SWSSs and TAC is for.

Does anyone have this image so he/she can publish it for me somehow?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Name is Jaime, not Jamie.

I'm not saying apply a patch during install, I'm saying install whatever old version you have first, THEN perform an in-place upgrade. Which is the last part of what you're saying, and yes, that should work, make sure you ALWAYS mention that you're doing this because you're upgrading/migrating if you reach out to licensing.

You should already have PCD, it comes in the bundle for the upgrade kit when your order CUCM. PCD does not require any license itself, just the ESXi license that enables the use of API (PCD documentation has ALL the details, if you're interested in using it, please review the documentation). PCD would only require the bootable media for the target release for a migration.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

9.x is EOS/EOL, that's why you cannot use PUT anymore, the TAC engineer should be aware of that.

Not sure why he cannot publish it for you, if he's not aware of the above fact, tell him that you couldn't use PUT due to it being EOS/EOL.

In such case, you do usually reach out to your SE/AM and not TAC.

Have you tried installing with the old image you have, and then upgrading?

You could just use PCD to migrate and upgrade at the same time.

HTH

java

Hi Jamie and thanks for the answer.

i have tried to install Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.10000-28.sgn.iso and select install patch upgrade.

When asked 2 hours later, i inserted UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.13900-10.sgn.iso and after 2 hours, it failed with an unresponsive error.

I remember that there is a bug and it is not possible for some versions to perform a patch upgrade.

Will reaching my Sales Account Manager solve anything? I mean, if the image cannot be published by TAC engineer then who can? :-D Does this image even exist at cisco's archive?

I have never tried PCD upgrade. Will i need the license file in advance?

If so, i cannot use PCD and do the following:

a. Install Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_9.1.2.10000-28.sgn.iso

b. get a license migration from my physical CUCM to the new virtual CUCM (i don't know how but i hope cisco licensing can get this for me)

c. Then upgrade through the GUI to 9.1.2.13900-10 (TAC engineer was able to publish this non bootable for me)

d. Then DRS restore.

Does it make sense?

BR

Antonios

Name is Jaime, not Jamie.

I'm not saying apply a patch during install, I'm saying install whatever old version you have first, THEN perform an in-place upgrade. Which is the last part of what you're saying, and yes, that should work, make sure you ALWAYS mention that you're doing this because you're upgrading/migrating if you reach out to licensing.

You should already have PCD, it comes in the bundle for the upgrade kit when your order CUCM. PCD does not require any license itself, just the ESXi license that enables the use of API (PCD documentation has ALL the details, if you're interested in using it, please review the documentation). PCD would only require the bootable media for the target release for a migration.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

a new TAC engineer who took the case was able to publish the required bootable image for us!

I will also create a LAB for PCD and give it a chance later.

Thanks for your time.

BR

Antonios