cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bothered by the jabber.log debug files generated by Jabber

Forest
Level 1
Level 1

It's more likely an enhancement proposal instead of an issue.
There already had jabber.log in 10+ folders of my PC. At least from the jabber.log residence pattern in my PC, it seems they were generated in the folders from which files got sent via Jabber. 
Can an enhancement be implemented for Jabber client to generate all the jabber.log for debug in one centralized folder such as one sub-folder of the "jabber" folder in AppData, and provide a configuration in Jabber client to turn ON/OFF the generation of this jabber.log.

And I somewhat doubt how helpful this jabber.log could be for debug, as it only contains some output as below.

2020-01-08 15:15:18,038 DEBUG [0x000528f8] [abber-win\src\cefwrapper\src\cef.cpp(44)] [cefWrapper.cef] [CefWrapper::Cef::initialChildProcess] - initialChildProcess::Enter
2020-01-08 15:15:18,316 DEBUG [0x000528f8] [abber-win\src\cefwrapper\src\cef.cpp(64)] [cefWrapper.cef] [CefWrapper::Cef::initialChildProcess] - initialChildProcess::Exit

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A PER has to be submitted via your SE/AM along with the business case for it, there is a formal procedure for this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A PER has to be submitted via your SE/AM along with the business case for it, there is a formal procedure for this. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: