Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler error

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

Hello 

I have a call handler and already check this box"Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers" and upload my error greeting. when I try to call the AA and type wrong number, I can't hear my error voice message but I hear this message "you can't be transferred to this number, check the number and try again" 

any one can help me to solve this isse.

3 Replies 3

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your not getting the default error message system greeting. Your getting another greeting.

The default greeting is 

“I did not recognize that as a valid entry.” By default, after the error greeting plays, Unity Connection replays the greeting that was playing when the caller entered the invalid digits.

This greeting happens when the caller enters invalid digits. This can happen if the digits do not match an extension, the extension is not found in the search scope, or the caller is otherwise restricted from dialing the digits. You cannot 

If you want to hear your messages restrict transfer to other user/ call handlers that are not allowed and then hit option that is not associated with a caller input.  

Hello Gregory,

I think that, you can't understand what I mean. I have a call handler with enable feature "hit extension when the caller knows that", If the caller hit an wrong extension it should hear my error greeting which I uploaded, but he hears the default error is "you can't be transferred to this number, check the number and try again".

So I know what your saying.

The error message you are trying to edit is not the error message that would play under that instance.

If I am correct your trying to upload a greeting under the error message under that call handler.

The message you are getting is not this greeting. It is another system level message. Find that message and see if you can replace it I have never tried to replace it in the past, I am not sure you can. But once you locate the source of that system level transfer message you will have your answer.