cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call handler - greetings based on caller input

hoffmann74
Level 1
Level 1

I am needing to set up a call handler where a caller will hear different greetings based on caller input. (E.g. "Press 1 to hear our hours. Press 2 for admission costs, etc.") They will not be transferred or speak to anyone. Just hear the informational greetings.

I know I can set this up by creating a call handler for each option and transferring the caller to them based on input. However, I was hoping there was a cleaner way to do this aside from creating 6 different call handlers.

Is there a better way? Thanks.

Unity 9.1.2

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

You are most correct, this is the way that all such Caller Trees are built. You will need to use 6 call handlers for the 6 different caller input options. If you haven't used this great tool you should really give it a try as it really makes things pretty smooth for this type of config/setup;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks, Rob. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't making things harder on myself than they need to be.

I'll give the tool a shot.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: