cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Handlers drops to after hours message when no one answer the call in business hours

orellanas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Call Handler that has a call transfer rule to ring an ext. during business hours.

But when the people who attend this extension has another call, and can't answer the one that is coming from Call Handler, the call is routed to the after hour message greeting. 

How to make the call go to a loop during business hours when no one answer the extension ? and don't let the call go the close greeting.

Thanks in advance, 

Orellanas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Orellanas,

Once the call is forwarded to the extension ( IP phone ) its Call forward Busy or Call forward No answer settings will be used to determine where the call needs to be routed. This will be the same for all calls that arrive at the extension and can not be changed based on at what time the call arrived at the extension. So, you may need to set the CFB or CFNA destinations accordingly keeping in mind that call looping impact as described here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsgx/7xcuctsg200.html#wp1051576

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Orellanas,

Once the call is forwarded to the extension ( IP phone ) its Call forward Busy or Call forward No answer settings will be used to determine where the call needs to be routed. This will be the same for all calls that arrive at the extension and can not be changed based on at what time the call arrived at the extension. So, you may need to set the CFB or CFNA destinations accordingly keeping in mind that call looping impact as described here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/troubleshooting/guide/7xcuctsgx/7xcuctsg200.html#wp1051576

Manish

Thank you Manish for taking your time to help me, indeed you gave the light on how to manage this situation. 

What I did is to create another extension with a VoiceMail and route the call that was not answered to that extension. 

I did this, because the extension that is attached to the call handler can't have a VoiceMail inbox. 

Thanks again, 

Orellanas