Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager 7.0(2) phone firmware

troymaki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Just a little back ground here. I upgraded CM to 7.0(2) over last weekend. A week before I did the upgrade, I upgraded all the phone firmware to 8-4-4 and upgraded all the voice gateways to 12.4(22)T. All phones functioned fine with the new firmware along with the gateways. Once the upgrade was done on CM, it's default firmware was set to 8-4-3 so it downgraded all the phones. I would like to know how to upgrade just a few phones back to 8-4-4 without doing all of them. How do I do that? The reason I want to do this is echo on incoming calls from customers. There wasn't echo when we were on 8-4-4. This started after the phones were downgraded to 8-4-3. Can the firmware cause echo?

16 Replies 16

just remember those places need to have the phone restarted so they get the new device configs.

Here is an update. I never did turn off G.722 on any of the phones. I upgraded the phones back to 8-4-4 at all locations and the echo has stopped. I am still running 12.4(22)T on the 3 remote gateways. I did downgrade the IOS on the gateway at my location per TAC. I am going to go back to 12.4(22)T this weekend and run with it next week. I'll follow up with results.