cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager BE 7000 Redundancy Question

mohamed arafa
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Call Manager Business Edistion 7000 Support redundancy ?

12 Replies 12

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it does.

Manish

As per the datasheet "With Cisco BE7000 you can try a group of collaboration technologies with a subset of employees and then scale up quickly. Pay as you grow, rather than making a large initial outlay. Cisco BE7000 is optimized for enterprise-scale organizations with 1000 to 5000 users and 3000 to 15,000 devices, but offers a great fit for smaller deployments where fast growth is expected. And by stacking additional servers, deployments larger than 5000 users can be supported at anytime."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/business-edition-7000/data-sheet-c78-730649.html

More information can be found in the SRND.

Manish

Hi Manish 

For two boxes of Business Edition 7000  ,does that mean in one box we will deploy  Publisher for Callmanager ,Unity Connection and Contact centre and in another box  we will will be deploying the subcribers .Is that correct  ? Or how it will be .

I believe the application are pre-installed on BE 7000 ?

The cucm architecture of Publisher - Subscriber remains the same. One of the BE7000 will host the Pub and others will have the corresponding subscribers.

Manish

Thanks for the info Manish . So this will be same for Unity connection and Contact centre express , in one box publisher and on another  box subscriber .

Just wanted to know on BE 7000 , only the ova files  for applications( cucm, unity connection and contact centre express )  are installed on vmware host  and we have to install the various application from the iso image on the datastore ?

That is correct:

BE7000M consists of a Cisco Unified Computing System C240 M4S2 Rack-mount server (SFF drives with 16-drive backplane and integrated expander), prepared in manufacturing as follows:

• 12 disk drives that are pre-configured as two RAID-5 disk arrays (six disks per array)
  • Cisco Unified Communications Virtualization Hypervisor (VMware ESXi), preinstalled and licensed 1
  • Predeployed Cisco Collaboration virtual machines
  • Installation media for Cisco Collaboration applications preloaded in the datastore

BE7000H consists of a Cisco Unified Computing System C240 M4SX Rack-mount server (SFF drives with 24-drive backplane and expander), prepared in manufacturing as follows:

• 20 disk drives that are pre-configured as four RAID-5 disk arrays (five disks per array)
  • Cisco Unified Communications Virtualization Hypervisor (VMware ESXi), preinstalled with a Cisco Virtualization Hypervisor embedded license
  • Predeployed Cisco Collaboration virtual machines
  • Installation media for Cisco Collaboration applications preloaded in the hypervisor datastore

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

What does Predeployed Cisco Collaboration virtual machines means , does it mean that ova is deplyed and we have to install the iso image from datastore or does it means application like CUCM , unity connection and express are already installed ?

I have seen a few people report that apps are deployed as well which is a bit strange, however you can reinstall them as subscriber since they don't have any configuration done on them. They will pull the database info from Pub when reinstalled and pointed to Pub during installation.

Manish

I don't think  any of the application will come pre-installled on BE7000 as to install the application various paramters are required like hostname , ip address , ntp , dns etc . Not sure what will be  the paramters cisco will be putting in if it comes preinstalled .

I also thought so but saw some people post it on support community that the apps have come installed with IP address info as well, however as i said it won't matter for subscribers as you will need to reinstall anyway.

Manish

hope Pub and sub1 in primary be7k and sub2 in seconday 7k is also supprted or any restriction in ratio with 7k?

Technically you would be able to deploy this. I didn't find any restrictions as such. Design consideration for Call Processing only states:

Ensure that the Unified CM nodes are distributed across different physical servers so that backup or redundant subscriber nodes are on different physical servers than the primary subscriber nodes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab11/collab11/callpros.html#pgfId-1155823

However a possible issue you might face would be if the pub and sub 1 is used for call processing/endpoint registrations. If the host is unreachable all these will fail-over to sub 2 (if configured to do so) and the load on sub 2 would be high. However I dont see an issue per se if the pub is not used for call processing/endpoint registrations and sub2 is mostly for redundancy.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby