Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager Express Licensing

Hasrat Bhanot
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Would like help to know about the CME licensing, I am going to set up Call Manager Express for one of our client and would like to know if the stuff I quoted are ok or do i need any more licenses or not.

2 Sites

2 x 2921/K9 router on each site

2x L-FL-CME-SRST-100= (1 license each for router)

7841 and 7962 phones

I don't need any failover, two separate sites, site to site connectivity for internal calling.

Please guide me and let me know if I need anything removed or add

Thanks

Hasrat

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This should help:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/111386/understanding-cme-srst-license-activation

Thanks Chris, still confused, looking at other forums seems like i need different license to provide voicemail feature to users? is this correct? 

So by looking at different forums I need 

2x C2921-CME-SRST/K9

2x L-FL-CME-SRST-100=

Will this includes voicemail feature for users or do i need FL-CUE-PORT- and FL-CUE-MBX- licences? 

Thanks

First of all you need to ensure the router has UCK9 license which allows you to enter voice related config.

Then you need the CME licenses you listed to allow endpoint registration, these licenses don't get applied you just need to accept user agreement on router.

As to CUE, that is independent of CME and does require its own port and voicemail box licenses (ones you listed). You obviously need the CUE module on the router in order for voicemail to work.

Hi. I have a question about this statement:

Then you need the CME licenses you listed to allow endpoint registration, these licenses don't get applied you just need to accept user agreement on router.

More specifically, (CME 8.6) when you enable "telephony-service" on a base router that has uc9, the router then asks you to "agree" to use, and after you do, an 8 week timer starts on some kind of "CME-SRST" built in trial license/feature/whatever you call it. What happens after the 8 weeks, exactly? No one can answer this. Does "telephony-service" and everything you have configured under it just disappear? Does it stay in the config but stop working and phones no longer register? If something bad happens after the 8 weeks is up do you need to buy some sort of physical license file that needs to be installed on the flash and activated, thus opening back up the "telephony-service" function, if it does disappear or cease to work? It seems the only thing that triggered this event of the 8 week timer was the provisioning of "telephony-service".  If I have to buy a real license is there one to buy that just pertains to CME and not SRST? This CME on my 2921 is in my lab, like 3 phones, that's it. I don't want anything to do with the SRST function. Thanks!

Once the 8 weeks for cme-srst lapse, the license moves to a Right To Use (RTU) state. CME functions as it is without any downtime. The same is not true for uck9 license. Once the uck9 expires after a period of 8 weeks and 4 days, CME will cease to function until and unless you purchase and install a license file.

Thank you, very much. Good to know it will still work. Its in a lab anyway.

Hello!

I have read several topics about the license for CUCME, did I understand correctly when i buy Unified Communications Bundles license for ISR 4321,  which allow to support up to 50 phones, I don`t need to buy extra license for my Cisco 20 x CP7841?

Thank you!

UC PAK wont provide license to register device. To  register the end points u need device license separately. with UC PAK you can only register the device under evaluation.

Response Signature

thank you for answer, can you tell me what license i need for my phones?

L-CME Top-level part number; select this first

CME14-UL  One CME Endpoint License (also provides entitlement to use earlier versions of CME)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-express/datasheet-c78-744069.html

Response Signature