Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager GUI not loading - HTTP Status 404 – /ccmadmin/showHome.do

Hello everyone.

I have a client with a standalone CUCM that is having trouble accessing the server GUI. It continues to load for a long time or shows that the ccmadmin page was not found. This is also true of the disaster recovery, operating system and serviceability pages.
The first thing I researched was CPU processing and memory usage, but everything was fine.
When the incident happens, no one can log in to RTMT either. Then via CLI I restarted the Tomcat service, even though it showed STARTED, but it didn't solve the problem. The only thing that resolves this is to restart the entire server.

Once soon after this graphical interface problem started, the devices also lost registration. Everything went back to normal after the server restart.
I saw that this is common when it comes to a new installation, but this is not a new one.
It started to happen in the past two weeks.
Does anyone know anything else that can be done?
Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Karoline,

If it happens again, you can run 'utils diagnose test' from CLI, this will tell you if there is any specific process causing problem to Tomcat. 

Also post recovery when you are able to login RTMT again, you can download event viewer (application and system) logs to see what triggers the problem.

Because it is standalone server, it's worth running capacity checks, verify CPU and memory utilization during peak time etc.

If CUCM shows no error then check for intermittent network issues which might be blocking HTTP and SIP/SCCP access temporarily.

Regards,

Onkar Mahajan

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kaloyan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Karoline,

My first thought would be that Tomcat service is down. You did check that and it was indeed down, but you claim to start it didn't have an effect. Another thing that you can check is the Tomcat certificates to make sure they haven't expired. Also, from what I understand you did verify there are no performance issues which is good. 

About the phone registration issue, I doubt that is related unless they are connected over Expressway MRA. If the certs are fine, I advise you to open a TAC case for further investigation. 

Hi Karoline,

If it happens again, you can run 'utils diagnose test' from CLI, this will tell you if there is any specific process causing problem to Tomcat. 

Also post recovery when you are able to login RTMT again, you can download event viewer (application and system) logs to see what triggers the problem.

Because it is standalone server, it's worth running capacity checks, verify CPU and memory utilization during peak time etc.

If CUCM shows no error then check for intermittent network issues which might be blocking HTTP and SIP/SCCP access temporarily.

Regards,

Onkar Mahajan

flaktrimsyla
Level 1
Level 1

HI!

I sometimes have this problem too , but this happens mostly for the over use there is to much CPU  usage so try upgrading . 

Hope this helps

The "Cisco CallManager Admin" service should automatically restart after a restart of the "Cisco Tomcat" service. If it doesn't you may have to restart Tomcat again as the CM admin service can't be manually restarted from the CLI. On a heavily loaded box (and particularly after an upgrade), it can take a REALLY long time for that service to come up.