Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager NTP Issue

Hello all,

We are having an issue trying to synchronise the time of our call manager cluster/phones with our designated NTP device, namely a Cat6500 multilayer device.

Our Call Manager (version 8.6.2) points to the Cat6500 which has the time/date locally set. The Show clock command from the Cat6500 displays a valid time/date in UTC terms as seen below.

ntpstatus.bmp

From the CLI of the Call Manager, the 'Utils NTP status' command is referring to two different times as seen below. The address output displayed is the correct address of the Cat6500 which suggets it is synchronised correctly with the Cat6500.

utilsntp.bmp

However, our phones on the cluster are referring to two different times. One seems to refer to UTC and others Euro/London. How to I ensure the Call Manager displays one current time? I have issued the 'utils ntp restart' command but to no avail. Better still, how do I remove the time that is referring to Europe/London as this is an hour fast and incorrect.

I did note on our Cat6500 device that the 'NTP master' command has been added although i'm not too sure what this means.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phones pull the time zone based on CM Date/Time group assigned to their device pool, make sure the phones are using the correct date/time group in the configuration.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Phones pull the time zone based on CM Date/Time group assigned to their device pool, make sure the phones are using the correct date/time group in the configuration.

HTH,

Chris

thanks Chris, that worked.

Most appreciated.

Regards,

Jamie