Views
Helpful
Replies

call manager upgrade from 7.x to 11.x

balaji.babu1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

please advice in migrating cucm from 7.x to 11.x, i read via PCD we can do direct upgrade without any jump upgrade

how about doing the upgarde in other method which one is good practice 

7 Replies 7

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I believe your 7.X would be on MCS and you will have to migrate to UCS to get to 11.X.

I would highly recommend to go with PCD as you would get option to change ip address if you wish to otherwise other upgrade process would required multiple steps with multiple point of failure.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're not using the right terms for this, and that is VERY important when talking about PCD, upgrade and migration are not the same, and should not be used as interchangeable terms.

An upgrade, means you'll do an in-place upgrade, meaning it will be on the same HW.

A migration, means you will (most usually) change the underlying HW, and go to a new CUCM release.

PCD can migrate from 6/7 to a higher release, it canNOT upgrade them.

If you want to upgrade, that means you would need do follow the jump upgrade procedure (assuming you don't want to upgrade the production servers), OR, upgrade the production servers to 8.6, to then do a DRS backup/restore on UCS, and then further upgrade to 11.x

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello all, i'm on the same case to migrate from 7.1 to 11 using the useful tool PCD

for now i stopped all installation process since the PCD version 11 unable to complete the migration task. 

simply, i cannot Browse the migration files (cucm.iso) that already upload to PCD thru SFTP account. Browser button not response and i believe this is software bug. 

i tried different web browsers, different machine with the same issue. 

any idea !

To which folder did you upload the files, and what is the exact name of the files?

HTH

java

Hello Jaime, the file uploaded to /fresh_install directory

and the file name "Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_11.0.1.20000-2.sgn_2.iso"

also i'm using PCD 11.5

The name of the file is wrong, that's the reason it's not recognizing it as valid.

HTH

java

thanks jaime so much, its working now as long i review and correct the file name. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: