Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pick Up Groups?

tommydubs
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I'm sure this is an easy one and I know this might seem straight forward for most people, but I just cant seem to grasp the concept of this Group Pick Up feature.  I've been reading about it and trying to get an understanding of it's use, but I cant picture a scenario where this feature would be beneficial.  Can someone explain to me the difference between call pick up group and just assigning the same extension (a group extension) to multiple phones?

Thanks!

T

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

joe.lazzaro
Level 4
Level 4

Tommy,

I use pickup groups in small team environments where someone provides sporadic, temporary call coverage for a fellow co-worker for calls destined to individual, non-shared lines. A pickup group can be configured for visual-only notification so your phone is not always ringing off the hook. You can also associate multiple pickup groups for inter-team answering which provides further enhancement above and beyond a simple shared line.

Scenario:

Bill, Dave, and Jane work together in the same office. Bill has to go to a meeting but is expecting an important call from a customer. He tells Dave & Jane if Customer A calls please answer and tell them I will return their call shortly. Rather than getting up from their desks and physically checking Bill's phone every time it rings, they can be notified of Bill's incoming calls via pickup group and take the call from their own phones.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

joe.lazzaro
Level 4
Level 4

Tommy,

I use pickup groups in small team environments where someone provides sporadic, temporary call coverage for a fellow co-worker for calls destined to individual, non-shared lines. A pickup group can be configured for visual-only notification so your phone is not always ringing off the hook. You can also associate multiple pickup groups for inter-team answering which provides further enhancement above and beyond a simple shared line.

Scenario:

Bill, Dave, and Jane work together in the same office. Bill has to go to a meeting but is expecting an important call from a customer. He tells Dave & Jane if Customer A calls please answer and tell them I will return their call shortly. Rather than getting up from their desks and physically checking Bill's phone every time it rings, they can be notified of Bill's incoming calls via pickup group and take the call from their own phones.

HTH, please rate useful posts.

Joe, very good explanation (+5), also the CUCM feature and sevices guide has some good examples as well for pickup groups, other pickup groups, etc, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Joe!  Your example scenario is exactly what I was looking for!  Much appreciated!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: