Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Pickup Notification on second lines in CUCM 10.5.1

I have setup a Pickup group and associated 3 directory numbers (DDI's) to the pickup group

The directory numbers are all second lines on 3 separate phones as the primary lines on all three phones are configured as internal extensions for UCCX.

If a call comes into any of the DDI's on the second lines then none of the devices receive any notification either visual or audio even though the Pickup group is configured with -  Notifications "Audio and Visual Alert" with a timer of 6 second.

Is this due to the DDIs being on the second line on each phone? I would have thought that the pickup notification would have been send via directory number and not physical signed in device (which are signed in with non DDI number that are not in the pickup group).

If so, does anybody have a work around for this as I have tried switching the 1st and second lines associated to the phones but get the message " Fixed feature button(s) cannot be changed.Please make sure the button number matches the relative positions in the button list"

I know the pick up group is working as when a call comes into one of the phones on a DDI (second line on the phone), from another phone, I select the second line (one in the pickup group), and i'm able to pickup that call via the "Pickup" softkey.

Thanks in advance for all thoughts on this.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark,

Per http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fscpickg.html#wp1072259

To configure whether the notification will be audio or visual, or both, use the configuration settings in the Call Pickup Group Notification Settings section of the Call Pickup Group Configuration window. The notification gets sent only to the primary line of a device.

As far as switching primary DN with another DN, if you are running current version of CUCM you should be able to do it, instead of switching them try moving the first DN to the bottom "disassociate" box first, and then moving it back. I recall there being issues with this in previous versions, but I just did it on version 10.5 the other day without issues.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Mark,

Per http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-861-cm/fscpickg.html#wp1072259

To configure whether the notification will be audio or visual, or both, use the configuration settings in the Call Pickup Group Notification Settings section of the Call Pickup Group Configuration window. The notification gets sent only to the primary line of a device.

As far as switching primary DN with another DN, if you are running current version of CUCM you should be able to do it, instead of switching them try moving the first DN to the bottom "disassociate" box first, and then moving it back. I recall there being issues with this in previous versions, but I just did it on version 10.5 the other day without issues.

Thanks Chris, that's solved that issue.