cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call trace log retention on UCM 8.6.2

michael.smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a UCM 8.6.2 cluster (1 publisher, 2 subscribers) and I am wondering how long does UCM retain the call trace logs? I don't know if they automatically roll over after a certain period of time or if there is a setting in UCM that I can set.

Thank you,

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no period of time you configure, it only depends on the trace level you have and how many calls you make to fill them up, because you only configure how many files and how big they can be.

But yeah, they're circular logging so once you reach file N the next one to get the new info will be file 1 and so on.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no period of time you configure, it only depends on the trace level you have and how many calls you make to fill them up, because you only configure how many files and how big they can be.

But yeah, they're circular logging so once you reach file N the next one to get the new info will be file 1 and so on.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the information javalenc! I will just have to see how many days that are currently being retained and then either adjust the file number or file size based on my needs.