cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID with name for UCCX screen pop

mts0001_2
Level 1
Level 1

Does Caller ID with name meet the screen pop with name display requirement?  Or does this require a database dip via caller id into a customer record?

9 Replies 9

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Generally speaking, if you want to pop a customer name (i.e. an external caller's name) in UCCX then you need to do a DB dip or other lookup (depending on where the customer's name is stored) to be able to pop it - calling name will only show name for configured internal CCM extensions. It may not be a DB dip that is required; the cust name could be retrieved from a web service or other source.

If your customers are internal (i.e. an internal service desk) you would get name on the phone display, but not in the Agent desktop. You can do a URL/web service lookup for a name against CCM or another customer directory in this scenario..

Basically you need to find out from the customer where their customer info is held and how you can access it before you can be sure it will work; chances are that it is possible one way or another.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Aaron,

Thank you for the response, I think I might be making this more complicated than necessary though. Basically the client wants to know if the Desktop Agent can receive Caller ID (number and name) that is delivered from the Telco, much like it is delivered to a Cisco 7962 handset today. We will be running UCCX version 8.x

Thanks again,

Andy

Hi

In that case, no - the CLI is presented, but name is not as far as I'm aware. Name is also quite rare from the PSTN in most countries; are you sure that's what they are asking?

We had a recent case where a customer wanted to see the internal caller's name in the Agent software rather than just on the phone; that isn' t a built in feature either though you may think it would be. We had to do a lookup in the script against CUCM and present it as Enterprise Data.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

aaronharrison wrote:

Hi

In that case, no - the CLI is presented, but name is not as far as I'm aware. Name is also quite rare from the PSTN in most countries; are you sure that's what they are asking?

I'm asking for exactly that.  I've found that PRI service in North America usually does show calling name these days.  I fail to understand why UCCX does not support this, when it would be so helpful to route calls based on this field.

I am also looking to show caller name from a PRI, any new news on this?

Ben

Hi Aaron,

I also would like to do the same for my environment that I could present agents with the internal Callers name. 

Can you share me the with the steps where you performed the directory lookup with your CUCM.

Regards

M Taha

Hi

I wrote a custom Java class that searched the customer's LDAP for the calling number, and returned a match if it found one.

You could do the same, though I'd recommend you have UCCX retrieve the data from a web server that you create instead. That web server could run some simple ASP or similar script to read the data and supply it to UCCX, and would be easier to maintain.

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

my agents should not see the Caller ID before and after answer the call in Finesse and IPPhoneplease help me to solve this problems?

Very thanks,

;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: