Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller number in voicemail

pengkeong.fong
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Whenever a PSTN party leave a voice messages to my voicemail box, unity does not annouce the called party number when i try to retrive my voicemail. Is there any way to turn on this?

IP Phone to IP Phone no issue. it will annouce the caller number.

I an using Unity 4.0.3 with Cisco Call Manager 4.0.1

Thank you

6 Replies 6

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity is likely not getting the caling number passed ot it - you can check the subject line of a message left from a PSTN caller to a subscriber in Outlook and see if the calling number is embedded in there - if not, we're not getting it from the switch integration.

Dear linborg,

Thank you for your prompt reply. My customer is only using Unity as voicemail. They are not using as Unified Messaging. Any possible to work around this?

Thank you!!

sure - you can use Call Viewer (which you'll find in the tools depot on your desktop of the Unity server) and have a call come in from the PSTN and see what it shows for the calling number column - if it's not filled in, we're not getting it from the switch integration.

You may also want to use the Bulk Edit tool in the Tools depot. Go under Subscriber, then Conversation, then Message Review and enable "Announce ANI for messages from unidentified callers."

But. as the other person mentioned Unity has to get this info.

Dear all,

Thanks for your response. Will try that out and see if it works.

Thank you!!

When a PSTN caller leaves a message on our Unity system, and I retrieve my messages, it does not announce the calling party number as it would the extension of a subscriber, however, it does announce the number if I press 9 for message properties.

Is that expected behaviour?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: