Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager 5.1 Call Waiting

Saladin211
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have been trying on my own to find a way to do the following, but no use, so please any help would be appreciated...

What we would like to achieve with our Cisco Callmanager 5.1 is when someone places a call (User 1) to (User 2) and if (User 2) has an active call, then we want that (User 1) hears a distinguished ring tone (or should I call it dial tone) so that he will know that (User 2) has an active call and his call is waiting.

Is it possible?? I hope I've stated my question well.

1 Reply 1

Jose Mendez
Level 1
Level 1

Saladin,

Lines in CallManager have 3 possible states: idle, available, busy. When User1 dials User2, User2 is available. So, when User1 dials User2, there is no feature built into CM that will allow you to play a custom ring back to the caller being that the called party is on an active call (available state). When a line has no active calls, its idle. When it has as much active calls as configured in the busy trigger, it is busy, and instead of a ring tone, the caller hears a busy signal.

Probably your need translates with different word into this: Presence. With Presence services, your configured callers can monitor from their phones if other lines are on a call or idle (idle state). They would just need to go to the Directories and see what is the status of the other parties, and then attempt a call right away or wait a little:

Check this link for more detailed information, I think it will provide what you need here, it is just that in another way:

Introducing Presence

Configuration Checklist

They refer to directories when talking about call lists, just in case.

Another feature you may want to look into, is the Callback feature:

"To receive call-back notification, a user presses  the CallBack softkey while receiving a busy or ringback tone. A user can  also activate call back during reorder tone, which is triggered when  the no answer timer expires."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_1_3/ccmfeat/fscallbk.html#wp1026410

Please rate useful posts