cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager Conferencing with remote locations Issue

afketchum1
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to using callmanager, and I need a little help.

I have created a meet me number on my callmanager. Once a session is begun, all local network users are able to join the conference call with no problems..

If a remote location hosts a meet me call, all my local network users are able to join THAT session with no problems as well.

But if I host a meet me session on MY local network, remote locations CANNOT reach my session. The line remains silent when they dial in.

I've been told to check the codecs which seem fine and we are checking for a firewall issue, but all normal calls local and remote work just fine. It's only the conference bridging that causes issues.

Please help.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Priyadarshini B.T
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

please check the following on the call manager,

-  Check the region configuration on each device pool.

-  Then check the region configuration between the two regions.

-  One of the best practices followed by Cisco is, the intrasite region settings should be g711.

-  And the region settings between inter site should be g729.

-  G729 is not supported by software conference bridge, it is only supported by hardware conference bridge.

-  So add the hardware conference bridge to the MRGL of the phone.

-  And the hardware conference bridge has to be first in the list, that is before the software conference bridge.

please let me know if this helps or we can do further trouble shooting on this issue.

Hello,

Thank you very much for replying.

The configurations, I've been told, are correct. G711 for intrasite and G729 for intersite. And region and device pools correct as well.

I presented the HW conf bridge solution to a coworker who said it makes sense, but at this time, I don't have access to a hardware conference bridge. Is this the only solution? 

To: Nichole Ketchum

Sent: Wednesday, August 3, 2011 1:54 PM

Subject: - Re: Callmanager Conferencing with remote locations Issue

Cisco Support Community

Re: Callmanager Conferencing with remote locations Issue created by Priya B.T in Unified Communications Applications - View the full discussion

hi,

please check the following on the call manager,

-  Check the region configuration on each device pool. -  Then check the region configuration between the two regions. -  One of the best practices followed by Cisco is, the intrasite region settings should be g711. -  And the region settings between inter site should be g729. -  G729 is not supported by software conference bridge, it is only supported by hardware conference bridge. -  So add the hardware conference bridge to the MRGL of the phone. -  And the hardware conference bridge has to be first in the list, that is before the software conference bridge.

please let me know if this helps or we can do further trouble shooting on this issue.

Reply to this message by going to Cisco Support Community

Start a new discussion in Unified Communications Applications at Cisco Support Community

Hi Nichole,

yes hardware conference bridge is very much necessary, and you need to configure it.

please let me know if you need any assistance in creating one

Maybe I need a more thorough understanding of hardware conference bridging. What is the difference between it and software bridging?

To: Nichole Ketchum

Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2011 11:26 AM

Subject: - Re: Callmanager Conferencing with remote locations Issue

Cisco Support Community

Re: Callmanager Conferencing with remote locations Issue created by Priya B.T in Unified Communications Applications - View the full discussion

Hi Nichole,

yes hardware conference bridge is very much necessary, and you need to configure it.

please let me know if you need any assistance in creating one

Reply to this message by going to Cisco Support Community

Start a new discussion in Unified Communications Applications at Cisco Support Community

Hi Nichole,

As mentioned by Priya (+5 Priya), the main reason why you would need a hardware conference bridge is because software conference bridges do not support G729, they only support G711.  You will need a hardware conference bridge to support G729 conferences.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: