cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager's RTMT is NOT Collecting Session Trace Files from Nodes.

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager 8.6
RTMT Version 8.92

Last week I moved from a Windows XP Machine to a Windows 7 PC. So I re-downloaded the RTMT from our CallManager and attempted to run some Call traces, *i.e. CallManager > Session Trace. But when I choose ANY time-frame at all I get a long list of RED file names that are failing to download from ALL 3 Nodes. I know this is configured on the CallManager's side since this was working just fine last week on my XP machine, but now it is not.

I had seen a similar post about this and they mentioned an anti-virus program possibly being the cause. But even after disabling my Anti-Virus and reattempting the Session Trace, they all still fail.

The errors in RTMT tell me to view the RTMT log files for details, but the log directory is empty.

Errors in "RTMT > CallManager > Session Trace":
Collecting session information from node CUCM-03
CUCM-01[CollectableFileImpl[name=ccm00000160.txt.gz,absolutePath=/var/log/active/cm/trace/ccm/sdi/ccm00000160.txt.gz,modifiedDate=Jan 05 17:23:28 GMT 2015,size=302566,componentPath=null,isTrace=true,safeName=ccm00000160.txt.gz], CollectableFileImpl[name=ccm00000161.txt.gz,absolutePath=/var/log/active/cm/trace/ccm/sdi/ccm00000161.txt.gz,modifiedDate=Jan 05 17:49:17 GMT 2015,size=324478,componentPath=null,isTrace=true,safeName=ccm00000161.txt.gz], CollectableFileImpl[name=SDL001_100_000237.txt.gz,absolutePath=/var/log/active/cm/trace/ccm/sdl/SDL001_100_000237.txt.gz,modifiedDate=Jan 05 17:48:33 GMT 2015,size=184780,componentPath=null,isTrace=true,safeName=SDL001_100_000237.txt.gz], CollectableFileImpl[name=calllogs_00000002.txt.gzo,absolutePath=/var/log/active/cm/trace/ccm/calllogs/calllogs_00000002.txt.gzo,modifiedDate=Jan 05 17:48:33 GMT 2015,size=431640,componentPath=null,isTrace=true,safeName=calllogs_00000002.txt.gzo]]:
error encountered while downloading traces. Please check RTMT logs for further details.
Download failed for calllogs_00000002.txt.gzo

CUCM-03 : No files to download

So when I go to, "C:\Program Files\Cisco\CUCM Unified Serviceability\JRtmt\log" That folder is empty, so I have no more information then what they give me above. And I do get the exact same errors for all 3 of our CUCM Nodes. The stuff above is just a short excerpt from the Session Trace window.

*I have also attached the full log from the Session Trace File Download window...

Any ideas what could be going on with this?
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeff Bankston
Level 1
Level 1

I recently made the switch from XP to Win7 on my VMs, and discovered that my login permissions really restricted me down to a few folders. In My Documents, I created a new working folder for RTMT and changed RTMT trace collection to point to that new folder since it had my permissions from my login.

Give it a try.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jeff Bankston
Level 1
Level 1

I recently made the switch from XP to Win7 on my VMs, and discovered that my login permissions really restricted me down to a few folders. In My Documents, I created a new working folder for RTMT and changed RTMT trace collection to point to that new folder since it had my permissions from my login.

Give it a try.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks for the reply!

Ok cool, good thinking... I'll give that a shot and see if that fixes it.

Thanks Again, much appreciated,

Matt

My pleasure, please rate if you find this useful.

-Jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks again for your reply! You definitely got me pointed in the right direction...!

As it turns out it was permissions issue. But, in order for me to even change the Download path of the Trace Files, RTMT needed permissions to write to its OWN XML config file which was somewhere in C:\Program Files\Cisco\CUCM Unified Serviceability\JRtmt\..., which when I tried to save the new Folder to download the Trace files to, it gave me a permission denied error...

So what I had to do to even change the Trace Download location was this:
*This is for Windows 7...
       Control Panel > Action Center > Change User Account Control Settings (*on the left window-pane) > Turn All the way down to Never notify

*You will need to reboot after this change...

After I made that change, and rebooted, I can now download the Session Trace Files without ANY issues...!

Thanks Again Jeff for the reply, very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

An easier method is to right-click on the directory, change to the security tab, select the appropriate group/user, press edit, select the appropriate group/user, check allow full control, ok, ok.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: