cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls not going to voicemail

computer
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 12 and Unity 12. I have an issue where a call is not making it to voicemail. The call gets disconnected.

Call flow is as follows: Auto Attendant--->option 1--->hunt pilot-->no answer-->DN on receptionist phone--->no answer--->different DN on receptionist phone-->no answer-->voicemail. 

I set up a translation pattern to dial the 2nd DN and the call goes to voicemail. What's also strange is if I go into Audiotext Manager and play the standard greeting on the 2nd DN it's a different recording. Any suggestion please? 

15 Replies 15

what's your exact issue, call gets disconnected or not going to correct voicemail ?

Call flow is as follows: Auto Attendant--->option 1--->hunt pilot-->no answer-->DN on receptionist phone--->no answer--->different DN on receptionist phone-->no answer-->voicemail. 

For the above scenario, for calls to go to second DN's voicemail you can use below solution.

Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call:- Enabled

To learn more regarding the option enabled go through below link.

https://www.uccollabing.com/unity-connection-last-redirecting-number-voicemail/

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 12.06.45 PM.png

Response Signature

Yes I'm trying to get the call to go to voicemail at the end. I'll try your suggestion and post a followup. Thanks. 

We tested this today and it's still getting disconnected instead of going to voicemail. 

its still confusing, are these two reception number a part of  Hunt group ?

or It working like this, Hunt group forwarding are set to first reception and the first receptionist forward it to next reception if not answered  it goest to voicemail? and which users mailbox you expecting to provide greeting in CUC ?

if your both reception are in hunt group, CF setting on phone will not work. that's how it work in Hunt group. 

for Hunt Pilot forward, call forward timer on hunt pilot  and line group RNA time should be configured  properly. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 7.46.08 PM.png

Response Signature

Sorry for not explaining it more clearly.

Caller dials in and gets an auto attendant. Auto attendant option 1 goes to Hunt Group A. If no answer, it goes to DN1 on the receptionist phone. If no answer on DN1 then it goes to DN2 on receptionist phone. Neither of these DNs are in a hunt group. If DN2 doesn't answer it should go to voicemail for DN2. The call disconnects instead of going to voicemail for DN2 as programmed.

Does the call reach up to  DN2 phone?

For DN2, what's the configurations on forwarding page . can you post it here. 

Response Signature

Yes it gets to DN2 on the CCR phone. After a few rings is when it disconnects the call instead of going to voicemail. 

Hi,

1. What you are experiencing? A Fast busy tone, when call disconnect?

2. CUCM-CUXN Integration type? SIP (or) SCCP

3. From RTMT can you please check the call flow by giving Calling Number and set the correct time? What is message showing for disconnecting call?

//Open RTMT Tool (login with CUCM Pub IP) ->Voice&Video->Session trace log->Real Time Data//

Thanks
Riyaz
Rate Useful Post If it resolve your issue

1) nothing. it rings a few times then disconnects. 

2) I'm not sure - How can I check?

3) I'll see if I can pull this after-hours. 

1) no errors or messages. the call just disconnnects.

2) how can I check this?

3) I have yet to pull RTMT logs. I'll try tonight or tomorrow. 

Can you share the call forward setting on DN2.

Response Signature

What Happens when u call DN2, not the scenario which you mentioned. for normal scenario when a   user call DN2 after no answer time, does the call goes to VM ?

Response Signature

Yes when dialing directly to DN2 if it doesn't answer it will go to voicemail. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: