cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls stays even remote party disconnect the call.

Shibin_AN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am facing issue where calls will stay for approx 30 sec even the call disconnected from remote party. We already find out the root cause of this issue where this is limitation of MGCP. MGCP gateway wont disconnect the call till its is expected a progress indicator in band information from provider. After 30 sec there is time out happened on the provider then calls will be disconnected, meantime we are hearing busy tone. 

I am looking for work around on MGCP or call manager to stop this waiting and forcefull disconnect the call. 

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Can you attach a debug showing the ISDN Q931 and MGCP packets? I’m not sure that I understand what you’re saying; seeing the debug output with timestamps would help. Also the running config, properly redacted of passwords and personally identifiable information of course.

Sorry I cant provide any logs, let me clarify the issue again. 

From the logs (ISDN Q931) we are seeing disconnect message received from provider, followed by MGCP sent backhaul to CUCM. Then MGCP need to send release message to provider but it is not send because MGCP gateway still waitigg for inband information with disconnect message which contain progress indicator. So call will not dropped as inband information still expected. We are looking for some work around to disconnect the call forcefully from MGCP gateway or call manager.