cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can a BE6000 system be consolidated with a CUCM/CUC system?

GRANT GATHAGAN
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at what is needed to upgrade our CUCM 7.1/CUC 7.1 system to version 10.6 of both CUCM and CUC.

There is a very good chance that we will be consolidating our network and VoIP infrastructure with another institution that is currently upgrading to CUCM 10.6 and CUC 10.6.

One of the BOM's we received was based on BE6000.

I'm not familiar with the recent versions of BE, but I know that earlier versions were limited with regard expansion and consolidation with other systems.

Is there a way that a BE6000 system can be consolidated with a CUCM/CUC system?

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A BE 6K system cannot go beyond the documented limits, 1K users and 1250/2500 devices, depending on the platform, if you mean to use the same 6K cluster, you'll need to keep within those limits, if you mean integrate via a SIP trunk, yes, that can be done, same thing as any other CUCM, the functionality is not different in any way because it's a 6K Vs. a regular CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the quick reply, Jaime.

If we consolidate, it would be a true consolidation; all PRI's, dial plans, phones and users would be managed from a single publisher.

The other institution is larger, so our system would probably be re-purposed as additional subscribers to provide failover/disaster support.

Likewise, our gateways and PRI's  would remain at the current physical location.

Take a look at the specs of the OVAs you plan to use to verify if your HW would support them, or it would fall short due to a slower CPU.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Huh?

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Grant,

Yes you can have co-resident CUCM and UCxN as long as the co-residency policy is met i.e. no oversubscription of CPU, RAM. More details about the co-resident policy can be found in the below document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/BE6000/Coresidency/10-x/BE6K_coRes.html

Regards

Deepak

I wasn't referring to  co-residency of two systems on one piece of hardware.

I'm talking about merging two separate system from an administrative/management perspective.

Earlier versions of the Business Express systems had limitations with regarding to things like the number of subscribers the publisher would support (one).

My sales engineer states that this is no longer the case; that the limitation for the BE6K and BE7K systems is what hardware it is allowed to run on (Cisco servers only).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: